Harmony Remote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had one for about 2 weeks and very pleased so far. Had an install Sat of a 522 and a 811, and have had an ExpressVu for about a week. Knowing I was going to be running 3 Dish sat receivers (4 tuners) in the same room, plus DVD, VCR, etc, it was definitely time to get a universal remote.

The 659 had no problem with any of the gear except for the 522. First tuner was a snap, but haven't quite figured out yet how to run the 2nd tuner (RF) with it yet. Wrote Harmony support and hope to get it resolved today. They have been very responsive to my e-mails.

The activities based set-up is hard to beat. The wife loves it and that makes a big difference. Pretty easy to customize once you know the drill.

If you haven't yet, you should go read the review at remotecentral.com. You can also go to the Harmony website and create a test setup to see how it works. You can then check to see if all your gear is in the database. All my gear was listed and it speeded things up considerably. Even if it is not, don't think it takes too long. A co-worker got one as well and his A/V receiver was not in the database. Took him about 30 minutes add it in.

It gets my recommendation, can't beat it for the price. Speaking of price, I got mine through digitaldistributors.com for 117.99. That sure beat BB at 199. "Your results may vary."

Call them.(takes awhile to get thru) they will walk you thru the changes and then you download.worked for me may need timing adjustments etc but customer support there is very good

Haven't tried calling yet, hard to be home with the unit in front of me during their hours. If I don't get a good response via e-mail, I'll have to make the time. From what I hear the help desk is pretty good. I have written them a couple of times and the responses were long, well explained, and actually worked!

I have a 721 and a 6000 hooked up to the same tv. Can you operate 2 different receivers with the SST-659 without interfering with the other?

Yes, you can. I've had mine set-up to control 3 - 6000, 811, and a 522 since the 522 and 811 were installed a few days ago. No problems so far, other than I have not found the right way to control the 2nd tune in the 522, which really is like a 4th receiver. Harmony support will straighten me out whenever I get the chance to call the help desk.

M Law said:
Yes, you can. I've had mine set-up to control 3 - 6000, 811, and a 522 since the 522 and 811 were installed a few days ago. No problems so far, other than I have not found the right way to control the 2nd tune in the 522, which really is like a 4th receiver. Harmony support will straighten me out whenever I get the chance to call the help desk.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try one of these out. It looks like it will be easy for my wife to use.

Before you do, be sure to go to their website and take a "test drive," a little interactive they have that will allow you to get a better idea of how it will handle your equipment. That's what convinced me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts