Has anyone noticed the new 722k DVR menu?

There are some minor changes. Nothing earth shattering. Most noticable changes are additional EPG buttons related to DishOnline.

You may want to check the DishOnline section itself actually it's gone through a rather drastic change. If you select the TV Shows option it now has a screen where it shows the channel logos as buttons for the DishOnline content available. Selecting each button will bring you to another list where they display the content available in a scrolling list of logos.

Still showing L662 for me. Really interested in seeing the DISH Online changes. Is there a way to force the update?

It's odd because the receiver is set to update every morning 3AM. At least I thought it was. Can't remember if I changed that.

I gather this is not on the regular ViP722 yet, and there's no word as to when. But surely it will eventually percolate thru all ViP DVRs.

Although I did notice that my ViP722 did seem to go thru the d/l process (fan to high speed) twice this morning.

Or are there features that the "K" model and the ViP922 support, that the rest of the line does not?

I got the update, DishOnline is alot easier to use, more user friendly. I asked my trainer about the update, he said only about 20,000 people got the update.

I am getting a 722k "installed" on Monday. (The dish guy will come and hook it up to the existing cables, which I could do myself.)

Will it have the new software?

Topic creator must be in zip code 80002.

If you are not in zip 80002 you will not get the update yet.

How long does it usually take Dish to update every DVR of the same model with a new firmware version?
There's really no timeframe. They rarely push an update to "all" receivers (of a particular model), that's for sure. It's usually spread out over 2+ weeks or more. The first, small group will get it for at least a week or so before others. This way, if there's an issue that wasn't uncovered with the very small test group, tech support isn't overwhelmed by thousands of incoming calls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts