Has anyone seen a non-expensive HDTV that works with PAL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Hello all!!!
I like to bring back DVDs from Spain sometimes. I currently have a PAL DVD player with a converter for the NTSC signal.The converter doesn't always do the DVDs justice, but most PAL to NTSC converters don't

I recently noticed that, using the component connections, I can see the color from a PAL signal to the TV, but the picture rolls. I tried it on a friend's HDTV, but the picture also rolled.

A few months ago, I read that some HDTV (NTSC) TVs are able to use the PAL signal from the component input. In other words, it will work with PAL, but is not a dual-mode TV; it doesn't have a PAL tuner and can only use the PAL signal using component inputs. I really wish I had remebered the name of the TV that would do that! I'm going to buy a new TV as an XMas present to myself and just thought I'd try to find one which would happen to be able to use the PAL signal!

Thanks!!!

I was looking for something around $1,500. Most of the plasmas can handle PAL. I was just wondering if any of the rear projections or even the DLPs could handle PAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)