Has anyone seen a non-expensive HDTV that works with PAL?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Hello all!!!
I like to bring back DVDs from Spain sometimes. I currently have a PAL DVD player with a converter for the NTSC signal.The converter doesn't always do the DVDs justice, but most PAL to NTSC converters don't

I recently noticed that, using the component connections, I can see the color from a PAL signal to the TV, but the picture rolls. I tried it on a friend's HDTV, but the picture also rolled.

A few months ago, I read that some HDTV (NTSC) TVs are able to use the PAL signal from the component input. In other words, it will work with PAL, but is not a dual-mode TV; it doesn't have a PAL tuner and can only use the PAL signal using component inputs. I really wish I had remebered the name of the TV that would do that! I'm going to buy a new TV as an XMas present to myself and just thought I'd try to find one which would happen to be able to use the PAL signal!

Thanks!!!

I was looking for something around $1,500. Most of the plasmas can handle PAL. I was just wondering if any of the rear projections or even the DLPs could handle PAL

Status
Not open for further replies.