Has anyone seen the new wireless set top box from ATT Uverse?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's really not any different than what many have already done using wireless bridges, just incorporates the wirless into the box itself instead of having to add a bridge.

UVerse routers are Wireless-G. If you get their wireless receiver they also give you a Wireless-N access point to plug into the router. This does give you the option of placing the access point at a drop closer to the TV.
And I bet they do work fine more often than not. Of course YMMV.

I know someone with this system and he finds it VERY annoying because the WiFi keeps losing contact with the system. He was so upset, he called AT&T to complain and they gave him like $100 gift card to appease him. He is NOT thrilled at all with his Uverse set-up. Now that Dish has Universal Sports, he might return.

I know someone with this system and he finds it VERY annoying because the WiFi keeps losing contact with the system. He was so upset, he called AT&T to complain and they gave him like $100 gift card to appease him. He is NOT thrilled at all with his Uverse set-up. Now that Dish has Universal Sports, he might return.

One wonders if these ppl just need to run and of the many Wifi scanning tools and discover that they and every single neighbor is using Wifi ch 6 and all they have to do (assuming its possible) is change the wifi ch.. it made a big difference for me on my normal wifi. Granted, this is more than most consumers would know to do.

From a quick look at Amazon's listing it seems to do just as you say.

That means WiFi per se is completely able to pass 1080p HDTV so Sling can't lean on that crutch.

By the way it's marked down $94.00 to $389.00. Not so very pricey for what you get. But not cheap either.

It works great but it's a little overkill for my setup. It will transmit 2 HDMI, 1 Component, 1 Composite and 1 PC input. I'm able to send sides 1 and 2 of my 922 to my bedroom.

Maybe the U-verse wireless STBs just have bad WiFi modules, but I have absolutely no problems Slinging full HD to my laptop clear across the house with 6 walls in between. Then again my router has DD-WRT and I ramped up the Xmit power to near max. This is on wireless G too (WRT54GL.) with the stock antennas.

It's great that U-verse has wireless STBs, but every other aspect of that TV service sucks balls! Poor HD quality, HD limits, etc. ...

WHY IS THIS IN THE DISH FORUM?
It's my fault. my first post was an attempt to jab Dish a bit about their starting then abandoning their Sling Extender that was to receive the sling signal and output it to a second TV in the house, exactly as the new Uverse box does.

Sorry if we got to shooting the shot too much.

It's my fault. my first post was an attempt to jab Dish a bit about their starting then abandoning their Sling Extender that was to receive the sling signal and output it to a second TV in the house, exactly as the new Uverse box does.

Sorry if we got to shooting the shot too much.

Don't worry about it. Interesting subject, especially with Hopper on the horizon. Got more attention here that it would in the "proper" forum.

Don't worry about it. Interesting subject, especially with Hopper on the horizon. Got more attention here that it would in the "proper" forum.
Right. What is Uverse up to now... 50 or 60 thousand nationwide?:rolleyes:

3.8 million with terrible picture quality. But the DVR UI is nice. ;)

PQ is definitely noticeably bad, and the DVR UI is pretty good, 722K interface is a lot more functional... 722K (most of the time) is way faster than the IPN4320 I had...

I've been using the Sony DMX-WL1 Bravia Wireless Link for a couple of years. It actually works well. Transmitter is hooked up via HDMI to my 622, and receiver is in my bedroom. Sometimes it won't grab the signal, and I need to turn it off/on, but that's about once a month or two. Oh, but it'll only do up to 1080i (not 1080p), which isnt a problem for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)