Has Anyone Used One Of These?

wvman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 19, 2014
N. Central WV
I'm out of space on my 8-way DiSEqC switch. To avoid complicating my system, I went searching for a bigger switch and ran across this on EBay. Not being familiar with the brand, and the fact it's made in the EU, I'd like to run it up the flagpole and see what you guys think.

When looking at the power consumption, I'm a little concerned since my receiver's power supply is rated at 400mA Max. I don't want to create a problem by overloading my receiver's power supply, and the fact I'm not up on cascading switches. I figured it would simplify my installation if this one will work.

s-l1600.jpg About $52.00 with shipping.

This product allows connection of 16LNBs to one satellite receiver !!

17in/1out DiSEqC 1.0&1.1&1.2 switch for up to 16 satellite positions and 1 subscriber, equipped with combiner for terrestrial band. It is designed for switching between 9 to 16 LNBs. Control mode is configured using built-in DIP switch, see Instruction manual for details.
The product allows joining terrestrial band to common down lead.

HDTV and UHDTV compatible

Specifications:

Frequency range LNB inputs 950-2300 MHz

Terr. input 5-862 MHz

Output 5-2300 MHz

Control
DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 commands

Insertion loss Sat. 5 dB avg

Terr. 2 dB avg

Sat. inputs isolation
25 dB min

Power consumption From receiver 80 mA (18 V) + LNB

DC current pass 400 mA max

Dimensions (w,d,h) 17 x 20 x 7 cm

Temperature range -30 ~ +70 °C

I'm out of space on my 8-way DiSEqC switch. To avoid complicating my system, I went searching for a bigger switch and ran across this on EBay. Not being familiar with the brand, and the fact it's made in the EU, I'd like to run it up the flagpole and see what you guys think.

When looking at the power consumption, I'm a little concerned since my receiver's power supply is rated at 400mA Max. I don't want to create a problem by overloading my receiver's power supply, and the fact I'm not up on cascading switches. I figured it would simplify my installation if this one will work.

View attachment 137525 About $52.00 with shipping.

This product allows connection of 16LNBs to one satellite receiver !!

17in/1out DiSEqC 1.0&1.1&1.2 switch for up to 16 satellite positions and 1 subscriber, equipped with combiner for terrestrial band. It is designed for switching between 9 to 16 LNBs. Control mode is configured using built-in DIP switch, see Instruction manual for details.
The product allows joining terrestrial band to common down lead.

HDTV and UHDTV compatible

Specifications:

Frequency range LNB inputs 950-2300 MHz

Terr. input 5-862 MHz

Output 5-2300 MHz

Control
DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 commands

Insertion loss Sat. 5 dB avg

Terr. 2 dB avg

Sat. inputs isolation
25 dB min

Power consumption From receiver 80 mA (18 V) + LNB

DC current pass 400 mA max

Dimensions (w,d,h) 17 x 20 x 7 cm

Temperature range -30 ~ +70 °C

I just ordered its 8-port sister the other day. According to a33 those are reputable switches. Looks like the projected 5 dB loss is the same as the 8-port model.

Reactions: wvman
I have not used that particular one, but have used their switches. They make good stuff!
If only one LNBF is active at a time you are fine at 80 mills.

Im new to fta i have a 30 inch dish and KU band universal LNB and a reciever i tried galaxy 19 but no signal strength i really need one channel NTA but i need a strong transponders for galaxy 19 and LNB frequency i need help plz and im located in Houston, TX

Reactions: wvman
I have not used that particular one, but have used their switches. They make good stuff!
If only one LNBF is active at a time you are fine at 80 mills.

I was thinking that since I don't use a 22Khz tone, I should be fine, but wanted to make sure. Right now I'm using a Pansat PNSW81 with a 3db insertion loss. Wouldn't the insertion loss be higher cascading two of the PNSW81 switches than using one of the 16 port switches? :)

Im new to fta i have a 30 inch dish and KU band universal LNB and a reciever i tried galaxy 19 but no signal strength i really need one channel NTA but i need a strong transponders for galaxy 19 and LNB frequency i need help plz and im located in Houston, TX

When I was playing around with Ku band looking for a few channels that I'd like to have, I aimed the dish at Galaxy 19 and found a slew of Ku channels (over 300) on this satellite. I didn't leave the dish on Galaxy 19 because there wasn't much on it I was interested in, but if memory serves me, I set the LNB frequency to 9750-10600 Universal.

I used an old DirecTV internet dish (oval-pictured below my BUD's in my profile picture) and had no problem receiving the channels. This dish is very narrow top to bottom but it worked fine even in bad weather. Go to www.dishpointer.com and see what your elevation should set at for your location. Once you locate the satellite, you'll need to check the polarity skew for your area and adjust accordingly. :)

I'm assuming your receiver already has Galaxy 19 Ku in the satellite list?

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)