Hats Off To Direct Tech

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MattJ2124

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Ohio
So, my two year old H20-600 (I believe that is what is was) died, no picture, kept resettin itself and then was stuck at the white Directv screen searching for sat signal (my other four receivers were working fine). Being a 9 yr customer, I knew all the steps and the switch outs, still nothing.

Called Direct (yes, I have the $5.99 month protection plan) and got some idiot operator from North Carolina (they state the State that they are in now, that's cool) and, of course, she gets shi**y with me but finally ends up scheduling a tech to come out today between 12p and 4p (causing me to use time from work). Due to this call, I am about done with Direct's poor customer service and basically set up an online appt with Time Warner and I am going back to cable...

Then the tech arrives. Tom takes off his shoes at the door. He informs me that it is a bad receiver and he will switch it out (which I knew). But then asks if he could check out the rest of my set up. He checked all receivers, checked all my lines, checked the multi switch. He stated to me that one of my b-band converters needed changed on one of my receivers (I had completely lost my locals on one of my receivers and hadnt realized it yet). He saw that I still had a dish for the old 72.5 and asked if we would like him to take it down. He then checked my 5lnb while up on the roof, said it needed tweaked and improved my signals. My wife complained about the remote response, he downloaded something and my remote is working the best it has ever worked. He gave us his card with his cell phone number and stated to call him if we could think of any other issues that we might be having.

I cancelled my Time Warner appointment.

My hats off to you techs that really do care about what you do and my hats off to you Tom, you saved Direct (who has the worse customer service ever) a customer. :up

Why is it that the CSR of course got shi**y with you ?

I wonder what it was he magically downloaded that fixed your remote.
:confused:
If he forced a software download for your receiver or DVR it would have just downloaded the latest software for the receiver or DVR.

Good for you!

A little good news adds balance. We (I) often forget that most jobs go in without opera. Most service calls fix the problem. There is still an unknown portion of installations and service calls that makes you wonder how or why anybody deals with Directv. The bad news ends up in these threads but we (I) know we (I) are reasoning from only a few examples.

Glad it worked for you.

Joe

When explaining to the tech that the receiver would not go past the white Directv screen when it reboots (searching for sat signal and then switches over to obtaining sat info) she asked me about three times what the message error number was? I explained three times that there is no message error, it is frozen at the original boot up screen, and she got frustrated with me and stated, well, you must not understand what I am asking for. No, I understand, I have gotten error codes before, there was none here, it's stuck on the boot up screen. Well, she explained that it must be a 722 error number and I am just not seeing it. She also gave me a hard time scheduling the tech but I wont get into that...

I dont know what he did, kids were coming home from school so my attention was split. I usually keep up to date on what the current software is and I have never had my box miss a download. He told me that he had the same problem and that "this" fixed it? I know it took a while for my boxes to reboot, maybe they had missed the current software download??? Not sure, but my remote is very responsive now. It was getting to the point that you would type in three numbers on the key pad and it would read the first and third number, but never the second, no matter what speed you pressed them in. Now, everything is instant. Not sure, and if it was magic, I will take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When explaining to the tech that the receiver would not go past the white Directv screen when it reboots (searching for sat signal and then switches over to obtaining sat info) she asked me about three times what the message error number was? I explained three times that there is no message error, it is frozen at the original boot up screen, and she got frustrated with me and stated, well, you must not understand what I am asking for. No, I understand, I have gotten error codes before, there was none here, it's stuck on the boot up screen. Well, she explained that it must be a 722 error number and I am just not seeing it. She also gave me a hard time scheduling the tech but I wont get into that...

I dont know what he did, kids were coming home from school so my attention was split. I usually keep up to date on what the current software is and I have never had my box miss a download. He told me that he had the same problem and that "this" fixed it? I know it took a while for my boxes to reboot, maybe they had missed the current software download??? Not sure, but my remote is very responsive now. It was getting to the point that you would type in three numbers on the key pad and it would read the first and third number, but never the second, no matter what speed you pressed them in. Now, everything is instant. Not sure, and if it was magic, I will take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some times you get yhr Good CSR's and sometime you don't ...... doesn't make it right, but thats the way it is.

Pssst,
Hey Matt, call the guy back and ask him what he did that helped your set up so much, tell him you'd like to know in case this ever happens again :up

Also tell him then that everything is working great and your real happy !

Then let US know !

Many people have sluggish remotes from time to time .... I think it's software related.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts