Hauled this in over the weekend

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LibertyNT

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2016
Texoma
Managed to get this 8-foot dish from a friend in the local WISP company.
Cone Says "Home Cable", all the motors seem to still work on 12V despite being 24V.
Has a California Amplifier motorized LNB.
Supposedly the dish sat unused since the 90s on a roof.
IMG_5567.JPG

Looks to be in good shape!

Good to know! I measured it out and it was at 7.5, I was afraid I had warped it. Mesh is in pretty good shape, only a few hail dents that I can push out with a finger.

The dish and pickup are probably nearing the same age, the truck is an 82 Chevy C10.

It does have an extremely satisfying grumble. You described my powertrain perfectly, I'm a sucker for keeping things stock so its got the 350 with the Q-Jet. The motor itself is actually aftermarket, the original motor was a 305 with that junky Electronic Spark Control. The previous (original) owner did the swap. Has the Turbo-350 transmission, even has the factory radio. Did just get it repainted a few weeks back.
.IMG_3993.JPG IMG_4973.JPG

Always liked the older Chevy trucks. Still have a '76 as a service/fuel truck. Still runs great.
My '93 hauls satellite dishes.(to stay on-topic!) :)

Reactions: truckracer
My former baby,bought it new,unfortunately never got to finish the restore,had to sell it last year just to continue to exist.It's for sale again and really killing me that I can't get it back.And yes it has hauled sat dishes.100_0529.JPG

Reactions: truckracer
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)