Hava Streamin/PVR device and Diamond 9000HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
I just purchased a Hava Wireless Titanium HD from woot.com a few days ago and it is great. Unfortunately, I doesn't have built in support for my Diamond 9000HD (not that I expected that). Does anyone here have a Hava version that has learning capabilities (some of the non-wifi versions do) and a Diamond that might be able to create a file for the remote (I think it creates a .lrn file that can be transferred to another device)? Or maybe some sort of jp1 file that I might be able to use to create a remote file?
I've talked with Hava support and they sent me a file to try on my device but it didn't work (they told me it probably wouldn't but it was worth a shot).
If anyone has a hava with learning capabilities (and I think you need the axum ir blaster chip) I'd be willing to loan you my remote and a little something for your time if you could create a file for me.
Thanks,
Steve

I had thought that the Hava uses the same remote files as the SlingBox. (just from what I remember from when I was creating a remote file for my SlingBox... may be wrong) For my SlingBox, I bought a JP1 remote with learning capabilities, learned the remote and read the codes into the computer. There is an article on the SlingBox forums on how to create your own remote. (or how to re-program a generic remote with your codes) A place to start, but am not sure if it will work on the Hava or not.

I had thought that the Hava uses the same remote files as the SlingBox. (just from what I remember from when I was creating a remote file for my SlingBox... may be wrong) For my SlingBox, I bought a JP1 remote with learning capabilities, learned the remote and read the codes into the computer. There is an article on the SlingBox forums on how to create your own remote. (or how to re-program a generic remote with your codes) A place to start, but am not sure if it will work on the Hava or not.

I have a JP1 remote and am familiar with programming that (best $10 I ever spent at Walmart. It's the best remote ever! Controls everything!! except the FTA box ;)) , but unfortunately it doesn't have learning capabilities. I just bought a media center remote/ir blaster and I think I can cobble my own file together once I get that in. With the Hava and MCE, I can schedule recordings for my OTA and FTA shows...once I get it all working.

Apparently I'm an idiot. The newer Hava firmware supports remote learning, so I was able to program the unit with the IR receiver on the front of the box. All is well and I can now schedule my FTA shows!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)