have an update with some pics.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Here are some pics that I had to wait till it warm up to get into my shed. Wally, Michael, Polgyver these pics are for you what we have been talking about.

Dan Rose

IMG_0287.JPGIMG_0296.JPGIMG_0297.JPGIMG_0300.JPGIMG_0299.JPGIMG_0288.JPGIMG_0289.JPGIMG_0290.JPGIMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0292.JPG

How old is that jumper looks like its been around the block a few times?

Also I hope your not thinking about using that grill to heat the country crock lnb?

Very interesting set-up.

Start your own TV show.. :D

Randomly point at satellite's and see if you can get some pissed off people knocking at your door.

so basically throw them away can't I take the transmitter and put another lnb on it?

Dan Rose

You could use it to listen to ur neighbors wild parties by putting a microphone at sounds focalistic point.

Oh, is that what u want already?

If you remove the filter and the buc, you have a good ortho feed for Ku. A regular Ku lnb bolts right on where the buc mounts. Best setup for this would involve a powered multiswitch.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you remove the filter and the buc, you have a good ortho feed for Ku. A regular Ku lnb bolts right on where the buc mounts. Best setup for this would involve a powered multiswitch.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Actually, not good for an ortho. It only does one polarity. It's built to reject the other polarity. At least the StarBand dish with that equipment on it is that way. I've been studying the feasibility of making a orthomode KU feed out of that. It can't be done with any reasonable performance.

Actually, not good for an ortho. It only does one polarity. It's built to reject the other polarity. At least the StarBand dish with that equipment on it is that way. I've been studying the feasibility of making a orthomode KU feed out of that. It can't be done with any reasonable performance.

Sure it can Magic Static...Here is a pic of one of mine with the filter removed..Only thing needed here is a couple Ku lnbs and there ya have a Ku Orthomode feed..I had this feed set up on a 1.2m Andrews and it is a very good performer..I removed it to tinker around with a Invacom quatro bolted straight up to the C120 and it was a bit better than the Ortho feed so I left it there.002.JPG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts