have any of you ever been shocked by the coax cable ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
have any of you ever been shocked by the coax cable ? wasnt that the question ?

Well obviously that answer is yes since you say it happened to your uncle!
no for mike you are one intelligent guy but dont come to my 4th of july party because i cant imagine you are any fun NAH JUST KIDDING about the no fun part but you still arent invited LOL

Mike500 gave a very good explanation.

For those of you dissing him, you've apparently never experienced actually being "shocked" by touching the connectors or receiver. The recevier normally only puts out up to 18 volts through the coax to the LNB. While it will give off sparks if the center conductor is shorted to the outer shielding, it will not shock you (unless you're standing in water, or touching something grounded). The "shock" comes from 110 voltage traveling through the coax.

I experienced this the other day on a service call. The STB was very hot to the touch, and I was shocked when I tried to pick up the STB. We're talking the same type of shock as touching the wires inside a light switch! I was also shocked the same way when I touched the connectors outside. The problem actually ended up being a faulty DP Twin LNB, and replacing the LNB fixed the problem. The customer was also urged to have an electrician check out the wiring in their very old house.

Please check your facts before saying someone is saying a "buch of crap". ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts