have any of you ever seen this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If the G-man has stuff up there on satellite, then I would think they would use some type of digital signal that would not be recognizeable by anything that a consumer could purchase on the market, not to mention there should be heavy encryption for such broadcasts.

Sounds like this guy was just "casing" your house to come back and steal your goods when you leave. He is probably some crack thug in a suit working on a new scam for your neighborhood.

[QUOTE He is probably some crack thug in a suit working on a new scam for your neighborhood.[/QUOTE]

he told me that there are 7 satellites that are for gov only, and that you cant get them with my setup and i am okay. he said whoever is viewing them either used to be a goverment high up who did videoconferencing with white hous

Not sure who that was (doubtfull FBI), but it didnt sound like a tipical crackhead talk. But why target the Dish500 to "examine"? Did he look at the receivers? And assuming he was legit...what could he have seen(or didn't see) that would have cleared you?

I know its easy to second guess Joe, because we've had more time to think about the visit. But boy if you could have gotten the license number down as he left...that could have answered alot of questions. Wouldn't a Gov't official, acting in a Gov't capacity, have a Gov't license plate on his vehicle?

you are right. i guess i was a little shocked over the deal.i told my neighbors about it and to hide their hughesnet so someone doesnt accuse them of getting goverment internet! i could understand why they would not want one to get their signals because people across the world have c band dishes and what if a spy caught some important info? i know if i caught a gov feed i would not publish it all over the net because i dont want another man in a suit back at my door unless it is ed mcmahon! if someone wanted to snoop around it looks like one would want to come take a look inside if they was planning a robbery of some kind.

Strange story! I think I would've called the local police or sheriff's dept as soon as those clowns got out of my driveway (if not before they came in) and reported unk people acting as federal agents. And called back later to find out what happened. Legitimate police anywhere will not put up with people 'playing cop' and will investigate. Wonder if that was the charlie police?

Hate to bump up this old thread, but did anything else ever come out of this?

What a strange story. As far as looking at the dishes goes, I'm not sure how restrictive you can be of stuff that is "in public view." Entering the house? No way at all. I've also seen police remove tarps and such to get to stolen goods before, so "in public view" can apparently mean more than having to be in clear view (my mother busted a neighbor for stealing lawnmowers).

Status
Please reply by conversation.