Have AT200, not getting all HD channels

bigjohn

Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Dish's website lists the AT200 channels and which are HD. A few of the channels that should be HD, I get only in SD (for example, Investigation Discovery).

I have two dishes: a superdish from my initial install in 2004, and a smaller dish added when I upgraded to HD in 2008. I went into my DVR's setup (a 722) and looked for a problem. Everything is ok, I believe.

I'm guessing I need to either:
1) adjust the setup in my DVR - perhaps add something that didn't exist in 2008, or
2) adjust my satellite dish configuration.

I'm hoping the answer is 1), and that someone can tell me how to do it. I can work with the DVR setup menu.

If the answer is number 2), I'll have to call Dish Network and get a technician. I don't have the tools or knowledge for this.

If the answer is something else entirely, please tell me.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Do you know where your second dish is pointed? If it's pointed at 61.5, you will need to call Dish Network and have someone adjust your setup. Press menu 6, 1, 3. That will tell you what satellites your dishes are pointed at, and will tell you if it detects a problem with your setup.

I wrote that information down, and of course forgot to bring it to work with me. But I'm pretty sure 61.5 is one of the satellites I'm pointed at. If my memory is correct, there were three: 61.5, and two others that were three digits (don't remember what they were). Everything was "green", btw; no problems detected.

You most likely have 119,110,61.5.
That is no longer a valid setup. That is why you don't get all your HD channels.
You either need a dish 1000.2 for 110,119,129 or a 1000.4 for 77,72.7,61.5. (depends on where you are located)
You'll need to call Dish, the "upgrade" line is 1.888.383.3727

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts