have Directv old package Total Choice Plus and have a a few ?s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

piercy67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I have total choce plus now and was thinking about upgrading to get dvr service. I have have to pay to get dvr box or does directv provide one if I upgrade and plus do new package have any channels I don't have now?

You'd be best to call and ask, often times a SD DVR is free, an HD DVR is $99, but the website list price is $100 more than that for each.

There is a better package that adds about 15 channels. If you go HD, there is a Plus HD DVR package for $73 that is everything but the premiums.

Best bet is to call and talk to D*.

I have the same package. The newer Choice Extra has one or two fewer channels. You may have to pay for a DVR, it depends on your account history, the phase of the moon and who knows what else. You should be able to add DVR service without changing to one of the newer packages, but you will need to call, not do it on the web site.

I have Total Choice Plus, I upgraded to a HD DVR and did not have to change my programming package.

Keep in mind that was about a year ago.

I've upgraded my Dish, receivers, and HD programming over the last couple of years and have never been told that I have to change my programming package. Although I do everything on the phone and not through the website.

I have Total Choice Plus, I upgraded to a HD DVR and did not have to change my programming package.

Keep in mind that was about a year ago.

I've upgraded my Dish, receivers, and HD programming over the last couple of years and have never been told that I have to change my programming package. Although I do everything on the phone and not through the website.

I changed everything a few months ago, never had to change my package.

I just changed to a HD DVR last month; did not have to change my package; and just had to pay a 19.95 processing fee and the 4.99 monthly DVR Service fee.

I was wondering this same thing. Spoke with Verizon about Fios tonight and it got me looking at my DirecTV account. I have total choice plus w/HD pack + lifetime DVR. I saw the new package that seems similar is $11 more than what I pay currently (I know part of that break is because my DVR Discount). Got me thinking if it added any channels, more so added any HD channels for that $11.00.

Does anyone have the new plan w/hd dvr and lifetime dvr discount? Does D* subtract the dvr fee from the $75.99?

I also have never had to change my plan in order to get new equipment or add/subtract premium channels.

I just changed to a HD DVR last month; did not have to change my package; and just had to pay a 19.95 processing fee and the 4.99 monthly DVR Service fee.

Just to avoid any confusion, the dvr fee is $5.99/month. Are you getting a discount?

Status
Please reply by conversation.