Have Newer Directv dishes gotten any smaller?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rockstead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Earth
I’m trying to convince a friend to subscribe and they are concerned about dish size, what’s the current standard model available?

Mine is a SWM SL5 from 9 years ago, what’s current today? And are there any differences?

Reactions: EchostarFan
I’m trying to convince a friend to subscribe and they are concerned about dish size, what’s the current standard model available?

Mine is a SWM SL5 from 9 years ago, what’s current today? And are there any differences?
The dish is the same, the lnb has evolved.

What are the dimensions of the actual dish? I’m buying it off eBay, can you recommend a model please, including LNB.

Had the LNB evolved since SWM with only 1 wire coming in to the house?

What are the dimensions of the actual dish? I’m buying it off eBay, can you recommend a model please, including LNB.

Had the LNB evolved since SWM with only 1 wire coming in to the house?
Yes, the latest lnb carries reverse band, which is how the 4k channels will likely be received. It's still one wire. Search for reverse band lnb. IIRC, the dish is about 22"x32.

129? That's a Dish satellite. HD for Directv is on 99 and 103.
You are right what was I thinking?.....But its is factual about dish size not changing...The addition of 3 locations is now the norm for the slightly wider dishes.

You are right what was I thinking?.....But its is factual about dish size not changing...The addition of 3 locations is now the norm for the slightly wider dishes.
The Slimline has been the same size for many years. It was made larger than the Phase III dishes because of the ka band addition.

The dish has not gotten any bigger, but changed slightly over the years.

#1 there is a lever that holds the LNB in place opposed to 2 screws.

#2 the az/el plate has gotten smaller

#3 2 bolts to hold the reflector instead of 4

Reactions: caseyf57
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts