Have you been told...? (By CSR OTA mapping not possible because FCC...)

luke637 said:
If that is the case, V* should be telling people that instead of the 'garbage' I received above. If I don't have to wait, how do I get it fixed?
[/size]

Unfortunately, as you said, that statement is not correct. Send me an email to Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us. I will forward your information to the people that work on this. The email should contain all the channels that you are missing plus your full address.

The person i spoke to went to check a website and told me the local channels i was asking about were not broadcasting digitally. I told them they were because i have been receiving them with my antenna and samsung OTA HD set-top box. I went through an listed all the channels and even gave her the analog channel numbers and their digital equivalents. As of now she said they will look into it. Does anybody know what has to happen for me to get those channels?

It is so easy to just blame the FCC because the uninformed will believe it. And since CSRs are uninformed they believe what they are told.

I wouldn't doubt that an STB that won't let the user scan or at least punch in any tv channel number if somthing is transmitting on that channel or not is violating FCC rules on OTA channel tuners.

If a TV set had such a tunner where you put in your zip code and removed all stations not in your DMA and you couldn't go in and alter your zip code to get the channels you receive I am certian the FCC would have a tissy fit. We could all file informal complaints before the FCC against VOOM and Motorola. The FCC probably doesn't know what they are doing.

The CSR I talked to today was very nice and at least was educated. She couldn't figure out why my locals map hasn't changed yet as it was sometime since the request was put in and it was noted on my account. Someone is supposed to call me back today and I have the FCC Rule book ready to quote to them if necessary.

Here is something interesting. Does others receive On VOOM in between their locals? On VOOM is mapped to 8-15 on my receiver. If they feel they need to follow DBS rules not applicable to them then why is On VOOM located on 8-15 which disrupts the locals and is contrary to DBS rules?

If you want the process to get your digital OTA channels started, this is what you need to do until manual scanning is available:

Send me an email to Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us. I will forward your information to the people that work on this. The email should contain all the channels that you are missing plus your full address.

luke637 said:
I also get the 8-15, I can overlook that if I get my other channels mapped.

I'm with you on that one. Just list the locals and if VOOM wants to put a preview channel in the middle thats ok.

Sean,

What's the usual turnaround for such requests? My installer requested the change during installation. A call today showed it was requested, but nothing was done. It even had notations as to how far I am from the stations, the kind of antenna and pre-amp I use, and the stations I received and didn't receive before the install. Somebody was on the ball :cool:

Though it is not really funny, but I have to chuckle. I wouldn't doubt the map gets changed and an hour later the new software downloads :D

bryan27 said:
I'm with you on that one. Just list the locals and if VOOM wants to put a preview channel in the middle thats ok.

Sean,

What's the usual turnaround for such requests? My installer requested the change during installation. A call today showed it was requested, but nothing was done. It even had notations as to how far I am from the stations, the kind of antenna and pre-amp I use, and the stations I received and didn't receive before the install. Somebody was on the ball :cool:

Though it is not really funny, but I have to chuckle. I wouldn't doubt the map gets changed and an hour later the new software downloads :D

hard to say bryan. I have seen some taking a day others taking a month. The way it works that the request is passed onto Tribune. Tribune is doing 50 per day of these requests. Tribune passes the data to Motorola programmers which eventually do the mapping to your stb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)