Have you called E*

Did you call Dishnetwork to complain?

• Yes

Votes: 94 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 174 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually I think its a nice tradeoff for what we got. Someday if there are plenty of TPs available the we might have the luxary of getting some back.

Yep and a few emails as well. I encourage everyone who is upset about this B.S. to do the same if you haven't already.

I'm guessing you got no responce?

Can you tell? :)

In the meantime, I am getting D*. Cheaper, better programming. I could care less if the DVR stinks. Even if Voom is brought back, I don't think I want to give to a company like Dish anymore...PATHETIC. The only way to get Dish to notice is to contribute to their already steadily-declining subscriber base.

Can you tell? :)

In the meantime, I am getting D*. Cheaper, better programming. I could care less if the DVR stinks. Even if Voom is brought back, I don't think I want to give to a company like Dish anymore...PATHETIC. The only way to get Dish to notice is to contribute to their already steadily-declining subscriber base.
How do you get no responce if you call them?

What package are you getting with D* that's cheaper and providing more programming? I see no way to switch and still get the same channels and have the same number of receivers without paying more.
Zero, If you want more then 9 HD channels with D* it costs about $64 per month. D* family pack with HD is $39.98 That gets you No RSN's and about 9 Hd channels

Last edited:
People get over it already. VOOM has been dead for the last couple of years. THey have had nothing on but repetitious reruns that I had already seen years ago. The elimination of these channels will allow more mainstream hd channels that people will actually watch. Besides if DISH doesn't catch up with more of these type of channels soon there will be no more new subs for DISH. THey are churning as fast as they can. DIRECTV has more hd channels that people actually watch, has better advertising that has impact and maximum effect in attracting new subs. DISH sat on their laurels when they were the hd leader for too long and now they have suffered a major setback in their satellite launch. THe elimination of VOOM will allow them to get back in the competition with DIRECTV. AND my advice is that they better add the rest of those channels that they said they would plus the missing Fox family of channels or there will be no catching up. Especially when DIRECTV gets their newest satellite that DID launch up and going by this fall-little more than 3 months away. Because DIRECTV will then have capacity to add another 50 or so hd channels. Once DIRECTV gets associated with the most hd out there in the minds of the public , it will be to little- to late for DISH in the hd channel additions. Eliminating VOOM was the wisest and most expediant thing that DISH could do. THey now free up at least 2 hd transponders and they can add about 15 or more mainstream hd channels that the public watches.

People get over it already. VOOM has been dead for the last couple of years. THey have had nothing on but repetitious reruns that I had already seen years ago. The elimination of these channels will allow more mainstream hd channels that people will actually watch. Besides if DISH doesn't catch up with more of these type of channels soon there will be no more new subs for DISH. THey are churning as fast as they can. DIRECTV has more hd channels that people actually watch, has better advertising that has impact and maximum effect in attracting new subs. DISH sat on their laurels when they were the hd leader for too long and now they have suffered a major setback in their satellite launch. THe elimination of VOOM will allow them to get back in the competition with DIRECTV. AND my advice is that they better add the rest of those channels that they said they would plus the missing Fox family of channels or there will be no catching up. Especially when DIRECTV gets their newest satellite that DID launch up and going by this fall-little more than 3 months away. Because DIRECTV will then have capacity to add another 50 or so hd channels. Once DIRECTV gets associated with the most hd out there in the minds of the public , it will be to little- to late for DISH in the hd channel additions. Eliminating VOOM was the wisest and most expediant thing that DISH could do. THey now free up at least 2 hd transponders and they can add about 15 or more mainstream hd channels that the public watches.

Okay...and you actually expect them to win this battle? Also, name 15 other channels (with actual HD content) that will be replacements?

Dish has brought this on themselves. They have been way behind the curve, made stupid business decisions, and are too busy caught up in litigation to do anything productive.

People get over it already. VOOM has been dead for the last couple of years. THey have had nothing on but repetitious reruns that I had already seen years ago.

It's amazing how people say "they had nothing but reruns" yet I was finding new stuff every day. While at the same time last night on the Science Channel Cosmos was playing for the 58th time.

See ya
Tony

you needed another option on that poll "Hell no!" :)
Thats my point . So many claim to be upset , But over 80% of the vote hasn't even called E* to get a responce. I want to know what they are telling their subscribers. Granted its Voom, But its still a 15 channel loss in one day.

I called yesterday. The poor CSR had no idea. She started reading some script to me. I have 3 premiums, so I get someone in the US.

I just growled the whole time. I didn't yell at her; it's not her fault. I've sent two e-mails to ceo@echostar.com. I will call again today as well as send a some snail mail letters.

It won't make a difference. Honestly, I just need to see how much it will cost me to cancel, and how long DirectTV (that one channel thing keeps me away from U-verse) will take to install, etc. :mad:

It's amazing how people say "they had nothing but reruns" yet I was finding new stuff every day. While at the same time last night on the Science Channel Cosmos was playing for the 58th time.

See ya
Tony

Not only that, I hear so many talking about the uppity up niche programming that was Voom but then they rave about how Smithsonian Channel is so awesome. It's the same thing. :rolleyes:

I watched new things on Voom every week and was recording shows that don't repeat all that often and are impossible to find elsewhere like Concrete Canvas. Now that's gone.

I have standing timers to record Deadliest Catch, Axemen, Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs and a several others and then move them to an EHD to watch all this summer so I can skip all the never-ending ads that will drive you up a wall trying to watch those shows live.

I flipped over to Cartoon Network last night to show my kids the "HD" cartoons and they were laughing at it and asking, "HD??? What's the point?".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)