Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
Have you ever had one of those days

ok worked off this morning so i slept a bit , got up and its kinda hot out so i do a few other things and scan a bit..... and then decide i will swap out my 7 1/2 ft c & ku dish for the big 10 fter that needs a bit of work ........

so i wait for my help to arrive , disconnect every thing , help arrives and we swap out the dishes .... in doing so i dropped the small dish on the temp pole and bend the mesh slightly... :( not bad , its fixable

so i get the big 10 ft dish set in place on the tall pole and mount the motor and get everything setup for alignment ( probably do that tomorrow) so a night without c-band :(

go back inside and was going to show the guy helping me the new vizio that i got a week ago and turn on my motorized ku system and signal is cutting in and out on g18 so i figure its a weak signal and change sats ...... nothing :(

so now its dark outside .... i swap out the lnbf to see if thats the problem...... nope....... redo the connection at the lnbf cause it might be bad..... nope
now i have to go take a small piece of coax to jumper around the motor to see if thats the problem......

maybe i should quit for the day and start fresh in the morning :)

Have you ever had one of those days

ok worked off this morning so i slept a bit , got up and its kinda hot out so i do a few other things and scan a bit..... and then decide i will swap out my 7 1/2 ft c & ku dish for the big 10 fter that needs a bit of work ........

so i wait for my help to arrive , disconnect every thing , help arrives and we swap out the dishes .... in doing so i dropped the small dish on the temp pole and bend the mesh slightly... :( not bad , its fixable

so i get the big 10 ft dish set in place on the tall pole and mount the motor and get everything setup for alignment ( probably do that tomorrow) so a night without c-band :(

go back inside and was going to show the guy helping me the new vizio that i got a week ago and turn on my motorized ku system and signal is cutting in and out on g18 so i figure its a weak signal and change sats ...... nothing :(

so now its dark outside .... i swap out the lnbf to see if thats the problem...... nope....... redo the connection at the lnbf cause it might be bad..... nope
now i have to go take a small piece of coax to jumper around the motor to see if thats the problem......

maybe i should quit for the day and start fresh in the morning :)

George I've lived that every day I've worked on this Paraclipse. :D

All you can do is handle it one job at a time. Seems like the more we do sometimes the more we get. One thing at a time, Brother, one thing at a time.

Heck I baked in the sun all day with that Paraclipse, went over to my Mom's to cut her grass this evening (its cooler!), and a blade spindle fell OFF the mower deck on her tractor! yes fell OFF! Then my wife called me from work, she went out of her office to a flat tire. She got air in it and drove it home, now I need to get that fixed. THEN the toilet in our master bathroom keeps leaking around the flapper, I replaced that today and it STILL leaks. :eek::mad:

After today I was glad to sit down and have a cigar tonight and browse SatGuys. We'll deal with it tomorrow. And what we don't get tomorrow will be the next day. :cool:

Hang in there. It ain't only you. :)

Oh, and I still don't have much C-band because I have to find time to fix the skew on the Paraclipse!

you got running water in the outhouse?

its the water hose from outside :D

thanks bro i agree take it one at a time :)

i changed everything out except the 120 ft run :(
going to try a third lnbf next :) hate for it to be that 120 ft run :(

outhouse

Two corncobs too, one red and one white...you know why, right? :rolleyes:
Hey, That reminds me of the time we were exchanging Christmas gifts at work. Everyone got a nice give...... me? I got Electric Toilet Paper. Which was a Corn cob with electric wire stuck into it. Didn't think it was so funny at the time. But how I can see it now hanging off the wall in the outhouse! hehehe

Tom
:D

I think we all get those questions like..."why are you working on the dish again when the grass is so high?" or "why did you order more satellite stuff?" and my favorite, "why did you bring another dish home?"

They just don't understand priorities.

Corrado -

And in the same vein, I used to have this quote in my signature , I thought it was so funny:
brentb636 said:
My wife glares at me when the UPS truck shows up.
Doesn't really have anything to do with George and his bad day.
But maybe he'll read down the thread, have a good laugh, and forget yesterday.

lol yeah mines beyond all that

she's like "I'm going shopping " lol

well i've cut and replaced all the coax ends motor is getting power but not moving , changed out the lnbf twice and swapped to my other motor still no go
so i suspect that its somewhere in my 120 ft of coax. will probably run a new section today before work and see if that fixes the problem.... :)

working later today so i have to hurry and even though its not near as hot today as its been the past week its still hot out :(

more on the saga in a bit :)

well got the ku motorized back up and running ( bad place in the 120 ft run ) :(

but in checking everything out my backup sg-2100 failed :( it won't power on or move :(

got the 7 1/2 ft c-band dish tuned for c-band only ( still have to tweak the ku side) but the signals were booming for a 7 1/2 ft dish so now i will have to decide about running cable to it lol where it sits is 200 ft away. i have several other locations i can place it cause right now its on the tune up and repair pole. but without it no c-band :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)