Status
Not open for further replies.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
Has any installers, techs or what not ever got ugly with a customer?
The reason I ask is, I went off on a guy (manager) the other day that was trying to justify theft of service. The arguement got heated but up to this point no cussing, but I had enough and it slipped, I gave 'em the bird to his face. Damn I hadn't been that pissed in a while. :mad: Anyhow I'm on the phone with the boss and sheriff's office after this, the boss said he would take care of it when they called and the SO was on there way. I had told them I was cutting it off until futher notice, which I was in the process of doing while I was on the phone with the boss. Sure enough the manager at the campground called the owner of the campground and the owner called the office. It wasn't a pretty conversation to say the least. The boss just out right told 'em how it was going to be and that he was tired of us going down there to the campground and finding stuff like this. The boss told 'em he should be lucky I wasn't collecting evidence and filling charges. By the time the boss finished with him, his rates went up $3.50 per unit and he lost the curtiosy to the office (all bulk accounts we do, we don't charge the office). In order to reconnect, he had to pay the past due and pay next month with the new rates before service could be restored. I talked with the owner later and never apoligized however he apoligized, He said, "I told him he should just kept his month shut and let them (cable) do their job." On top of this, the SO shows up and has a talk with them as well. Of course when law enforcement shows up, the accused always has no problems and don't want none. :rolleyes:

I wish everyone had to work for the public.

I've gotten into with a customer before. One time, and I got pretty harsh. I had a 3 room to do about an hour away from home, it was my last job of the day and was scheduled as a PM(between 12 and 5). I try to call all my customers first thing in the morning and let them know when I think I will be there, etc. I had been trying to reach this guy all day with no luck. I finally find the place at around 4 and the guy is totally pissed. He says I was supposed to be there at 8 am hes gonna call my supervisor because he had to reschedule a doctors appointment blah blah blah. After I showed him the work order and convinced him to crawl out of my ass he settled down. Then he said he needed me to be done in 45 minutes. I chuckled. Told him I "might" be able to pull it off in 1:45 if I hussle. He had an old Direct dish in the back, but I have no idea how they ever had a line of sight. The only line of sight I could find was in the front, just above the garage. I mounted it to the eave. Between arguing with him and his indecision about where he wanted the cables ran to, it took me almost 3 hours. I left and his wife calls me an hour later and says if I dont come move this dish to the back of the house she will have my job. Then she brings up the fact that I gave em the run around by not being on site when I was supposed to be and bitch bitch bitch.

I had enough. I just told her that dish was not going to be moved and thats that. "Well, dont you just have the easiest job in the world, show up whenever you want and install the satellite however you want and go home, I wish my life were that easy!"

I asked her just exactly what did she think I was doing all morning, sitting in my truck jackin off? She needs to realize that she is not the only $#@!! person in the $#@!! world and I had been working since 7 that morning. I told her to go ahead and call my supervisor, I gave her his number(which he wasnt too happy about) and told her to NEVER call me again.

This is not the way to handle a customer. Anybody in customer service knows this, but I have a breaking point. I eat sh**all day with a grin and I still go above and beyond what is expected of me to please the customer, half of whom dont even appreciate it.

But I usually just kiss butt and take anything anybody says in stride, most customers are polite and even friendly. But you asked, theres my story. :)

Its my own business although its not satellite.

The vast majority of customers are fine, over the years I have fired a few, always for good reasons. One owed me 300 bucks and just outright refused to pay so I stopped said HI and removed quickly a key part of his machine.

He was $#$#$% and left a filthy dirty message on my machine:(

So I called his parents his dad a preacher and played the message their son left.

Jr called and said he would pay:) I returned his machine part....

He INSISTED on a letter of apology:( I finally agreed sending him a letter sorry I will NEVER service you again.

He got stuck paying about twice more for service I was very happy.

His mom also a customer pleaded I service her son, I said some money isnt worth the hassle:(

Fired a few NEVER regretted one of them:)

I dont get mad at them:) just provide slower service and charge them more...:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts