Have you put up a dish for a satellite that only has 1 or 2 channels?

Have you put up a dish for a satellite that only has 1 or 2 channels?

• yes

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • no

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just a simple question...I'd ask this in a FFFP but I'd prbably forget about it :)

Now there are some satellites up there that have only 1 or 2 channels on it all the time. Have you put up a dish just for that satellite?
Now I know some can do a 2nd LNB (White Springs on 129 is an example) but have you put up a separate dish just for white springs?

The sats I'm thinking would qualify would be 129, 127, 121, 105, 91, 89, 85, 83 or 58

74 (H2/SBS6) I would exempt from this as they have a lot off feeds so a fair amount of us probably do have a separate dish (I know I do) :) and the rest have more than 1 or 2 channels on it that are 24/7

How about 3? I have a BUD dedicated to 97w. I only have it dedicated for a single channel from that sat though (never really paid attention to how many channels are on there before today)

Yes

I have had a C-Band dish set up for G26 which has only a couple channels on it (Nebraska PBS & AMGTV)

The only one I would do it for would Be AMC 3 for PBS

that don't count as there are more than 1 or 2 chanels on the satellite :)
Its not would you do it for 1 channel its does the satellite only have 1 or 2 chanenls on it 24/7?

examples
129 has White Springs
97 C as Lumpkin noted has BYU TV and KCSG

Yes, I put one up for White Springs TV on T7/IA7/G27 ku.

Of course I use the same dish for G10/G18 ku...... which may have more than one or two channels, but I still put the dish up for one channel, White Springs TV.

A few years ago I put up a dish just for one channel. AMC on X4 was ITC then and I recorded quite a few of the Tarzan movies. Still have those tapes and really liked the trivia given before and after the movie. The host was in Radio City Music Hall and gave some very interesting tivia about he movie and actors in it. At that time the movies were presented comercial free. I don't think I have a dish put up for just a single channel since then.

I have an old 18" DirecTV/Sony pointed at 119 for NASA in my den. I originally set it up when there was music FTA on 119 and listened to Jazz and Blues.

Let's see, I put a primestar oval up on AMC5 , that was for NYN9 if that counts , haha.
Then a small spare c-band I put up for AMC6 for NASA (gotta go move it back, it had been redirected over to G11C for awhile)
Had one primestar on G11KU for LETN for a long time but its not in use right now.
When I have time again, I may point one anywhere lol. It's nice having that instant channel change on those dedicated dishes.

Got two dishes that qualify for that criteria right now! Of course, both dishes have multiple LNBs, but even then, the satellites they point at also qualify:
Ariza Tech. 80cm - G16 (99), AMC15 (105), Echo5 (129)
Star Choice 60e - AMC16 (85), G28 (89), G3C (95)
Now the one pointed at AMC15 was the backup pointing satellite and wasn't the original satellite I was trying to get with the dish (which I couldn't get due to my neighbour's house being too tall, and that was even after I extended the dish up a few feet).

I answered no, but I really need to set up a 20" dish for NASA. My motorized gets too tied up when there's a shuttle mission ongoing, like now :)

If I ever get my toroidal up and running, I guess that would solve many problems. I could dedicate LNBFs where necessary :)

Not only did I put up a dish for 2 channels I pay $24/month for them as well. :) Wife is german and I get the ala carte German package for her from Dish

not up at the moment, but once I tried to set up a primestar to sit on cubavision. Never quite got it working since I was trying to do it with the funky 45 degree pole in the concrete... (poor man's htoh) but it was worth a try.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts