Having Issues and only 2 days after install!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lilexecutioner

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
Chicago, IL
So I saved up some money so that i could order D* and finally did.

2 H20's
1 Standard DVR

Install day came and the installer did a great job. But all went wrong when it was time to activate the receivers all but one receiver activated. One of my H20's activated. Tech support did everything possible to get it on and nothing 711 is the message i keep seeing. So they said we will send you out another box. Today i get the refurbished box (not happy about this at all being i paid 199.99 for the box) I call up to get it activated and nothing i still get to see message 711. So i asked the support rep can i move the box into another room where the box in that room had activated. Nothing we tried both the original and the refurbished box. Nothing. I can no longer get out of all of this as the 24 hour period has lapsed. D* is not willing to do anything for me not even a credit or even half a refund of the 199 they are sending a tech out tomorrow.

Is there a number where i can call and complain? It just sucks you pay so much and still even the box they send you still has a the same problem.

Feed back is much appreciated!

If you have paid $199 for an H20 then you were already screwed. H20's are free for new subs.

Call retention (you can call up then insist be transferred to retention) and tell them the installer failed to aim your dish right, insist they credit you $100 for lost wage or vacation time having to wait for another install.

Last edited:
What sucks is i only have one day off next week and i do go on vacation the 18th through the 27th So i dunno i have 2 HR20-100's i got one for 99 and another for 199

What sucks is i only have one day off next week and i do go on vacation the 18th through the 27th So i dunno i have 2 HR20-100's i got one for 99 and another for 199

You wrote H20, now it is more close. Do as I said, don't talk to the installation company, talk to DirecTV retention, don't be argumentative even if you feel rightfully to do so, let them know the kind of trouble the installer had caused you for your family and your boss.

If you resolve with the installing company directly you will not get the $100 credit from DirecTV, at least not as easily.

Feed back is much appreciated!

Give them a chance to put it right ... stuff happens - could well just be a bad lnb or line ... they might get there tomorrow and have it all up and running within 5 mins ...

If you are still without service after the tech has been out and done his thing - then by all means start shouting at retention... but there is no point shouting before giving them a chance to put it right.

Box replacement could have been a bad first call ... hopefully they will figure it out tomorrow and everything will be golden from there on in.

(I had similar issue with my install a few weeks ago ... tech came out and replaced LNB and the small converters that were attached to the receiver and everything has been perfect ever since then)

Good luck.

You really have no call to be upset about a refurbished box. You are only leasing it you don't own it. The cable companies constantly use refurbished boxes and nobody is upset at there usage.

I would just see what happens when they get there to check (they are coming out to check it arent they? Or did I misread Jokeworm?). Bad things happen, and that does suck. I hope it doesnt totally turn you off from the experience.

I do agree that you should call retention though. Explain the situation and tell them that you are not satisfied, but be polite about it. They are usually pretty good with working with you to keep you satisfied.

Hope it works out!

I am not as mad about the refurbished as i may have wrote that i was just upset at the time that the boxes didn't work. So i apologize about that.

Now well they where supposed to call me today to set up a tech visit and nothing. So i camly called retention talked to a very nice lady and she gave me 2 options 100.00 credit or ship the box back for a full refund of the 199.99 I asked if i take option one when could the tech be out. Well i have to call the local office because there are no dates loaded in the system and she said they could possibly come out tomorrow or sunday. So I took option one and am just going to give them a chance to get it right. At least their customer service is awesome compared to comcast.

Now we will just see on how the local company handles the situation.

They will get it right for you just be paitent. It sucks when you are the person it is happening to but all will be well.

Did I get it right that one of the original boxes failed to activate? They can rehit the thing a few times....next : Take the bad box to a known working sat line, connect it and have them hit it again....there is even an autocode to do it without going through their switchboard. (Anybody have it?)...............We are looking at the possibility of two receivers arriving at your home defective. This is possible but real slim chance. And if you try the bs about the tech misaligned the dish they will spot that. If the other boxes work the problem cannot be fixed by tuning.

Post back what fixes it

Joe

Well i just told them that the box would not activate and they tried to hit the box about 5 or 6 times and still nothing. I took the box to a known working satellite cable and still it would not activate but i highly doubt this box is bad. They gave me a 100 dollar credit and told me they could come out the 17th but i will be out of town, so this will continue on until the 28th when i get back.

just cause a box dont activate doesnt mean its a bad box. somewhere along the line there is miscommunication between you, the tech, and d*. make sure the numbers are right, mainly the r.i.d. and access card numbers. you should have this info when youre looking at the screen where is says service not activated code 711. if everything is right, call 18005315000 and go thru the automated service. confirm your phone number and when it ask you how can i help u, press 711 on your phone. 9 times outta 10 this fixes itself.

Trust ME! I have fully memorized the RID and SMart Card already i have repeated those numbers from the tv. Its not wrong i even looked at it online and its right. So something is not right.

anyone try replacing the card yet? I know a lot of times the refurb doesn't come with a card and they tell you to use the original... this sounds to me like a bad card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)