Having issues setting up ibravebox v8 HD with Galaxy 19

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

airbird

Original poster
Mar 7, 2020
New York
Hey everyone!

I recently got the Ibravebox v8 HD and I'm having some difficulties setting it up.
I'm aiming at Galaxy 19 @ 97W and the dish is connected directly to the receiver without any switches.
The dish does not need to be re-aimed since it worked well with my old FTA receiver until I got this new box.

I was able to get signal and signal quality and scan for channels(though I had to add Galaxy 19 manually).
I was watching some channels and I restarted the stb through the remote control and I got the "No signal" error.
Everything was working fine until I restarted the stb.
I don't understand why this happened?
I went back to the antenna settings and it says that I have no signal strength and signal quality.
My antenna settings haven't changed.

I have the following settings:

Satellite > Galaxy 19 - 97W
TP > 11867/H/30000
LNB power > Auto
22K > Auto
DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1 and Motor are disabled(not needed).
Scan channel > FTA
Network search > Yes
Scan Mode > Blind scan

Signal strength > 0%
Signal quality > 0%

Should I return this box?
Your help is greatly appreciated!

I know nothing about this receiver Check that restarting the STB didn't switch off power to the LNB.

Added: Can probably disable Network Search. Not required for FTA.

Added2: Pick a different tp. That tp isn't in use now.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Last edited:
Reactions: spongella
I know nothing about this receiver Check that restarting the STB didn't switch off power to the LNB.

Added: Can probably disable Network Search. Not required for FTA.

Added2: Pick a different tp. That tp isn't in use now.

Thank you for the reply!
I used all of the TPs on the list and no luck.
I disabled network search and rechecked my settings.
I guess I'll buy another receiver.
Would you be able to recommend me a cheap receiver that is able to receive HD/MPEG4 channels on Galaxy 19?

I had a previous model of iBravebox - I bought it because it was advertised as capable of receiving ACM/VCM signals, but it didn't. A common problem with that model was it would randomly stop powering the LNB - resulting in a signal loss message. I junked it.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Well, there's always the brute force approach. Unplug the receiver, and force a reset. If there's a reset button, you could try that too (while the power is on). Good luck.

I had a previous model of iBravebox - I bought it because it was advertised as capable of receiving ACM/VCM signals, but it didn't. A common problem with that model was it would randomly stop powering the LNB - resulting in a signal loss message. I junked it.

Wow this is a very serious issue!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts