Having issues setting up ibravebox v8 HD with Galaxy 19

airbird

Original poster
Mar 7, 2020
New York
Hey everyone!

I recently got the Ibravebox v8 HD and I'm having some difficulties setting it up.
I'm aiming at Galaxy 19 @ 97W and the dish is connected directly to the receiver without any switches.
The dish does not need to be re-aimed since it worked well with my old FTA receiver until I got this new box.

I was able to get signal and signal quality and scan for channels(though I had to add Galaxy 19 manually).
I was watching some channels and I restarted the stb through the remote control and I got the "No signal" error.
Everything was working fine until I restarted the stb.
I don't understand why this happened?
I went back to the antenna settings and it says that I have no signal strength and signal quality.
My antenna settings haven't changed.

I have the following settings:

Satellite > Galaxy 19 - 97W
TP > 11867/H/30000
LNB power > Auto
22K > Auto
DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1 and Motor are disabled(not needed).
Scan channel > FTA
Network search > Yes
Scan Mode > Blind scan

Signal strength > 0%
Signal quality > 0%

Should I return this box?
Your help is greatly appreciated!

I know nothing about this receiver Check that restarting the STB didn't switch off power to the LNB.

Added: Can probably disable Network Search. Not required for FTA.

Added2: Pick a different tp. That tp isn't in use now.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Last edited:
Reactions: spongella
I know nothing about this receiver Check that restarting the STB didn't switch off power to the LNB.

Added: Can probably disable Network Search. Not required for FTA.

Added2: Pick a different tp. That tp isn't in use now.

Thank you for the reply!
I used all of the TPs on the list and no luck.
I disabled network search and rechecked my settings.
I guess I'll buy another receiver.
Would you be able to recommend me a cheap receiver that is able to receive HD/MPEG4 channels on Galaxy 19?

I had a previous model of iBravebox - I bought it because it was advertised as capable of receiving ACM/VCM signals, but it didn't. A common problem with that model was it would randomly stop powering the LNB - resulting in a signal loss message. I junked it.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Well, there's always the brute force approach. Unplug the receiver, and force a reset. If there's a reset button, you could try that too (while the power is on). Good luck.

I had a previous model of iBravebox - I bought it because it was advertised as capable of receiving ACM/VCM signals, but it didn't. A common problem with that model was it would randomly stop powering the LNB - resulting in a signal loss message. I junked it.

Wow this is a very serious issue!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts