Having issues with 99W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
Can anyone get the PR fox channel and the other networks on 99w? Those are the main ones I've been trying for but nothing yet. I can pickup the lesea feeds and mytv with very high quality.

ya mine keeps finding that at 4199. I am going to try to find some cheap coax somewhere Monday and replace the cables to it. All my receivers are off the same amount so I can't blame the receivers.

What do you have the LNB LO frequency at?

Should be 5150

Otherwise try and manually put in the nets at 4050 H 15030 (since LeSea is 200 higher I added 200 to 3850)

They are all set to 5150. I just tried and I am getting nothing. I need to find a roll of cheap coax Monday and there is a Winegard 10 footer up in maine I am going to try and pickup early next week as well. Its all disassembled and ready to be picked up. they want 45$

right now I am running the Openbox. I am able to pickup Lesea, the boxing feed, the ABC HD feeds, mytv feeds, all with 65-78% Quality and its raining out. Live Well feeds scan in during the afternoon but with not enough quality to show anything. I am having better luck with H transponders.

But you say the frequency is off by 200 which is weird...

what do some other channels log in as frequency wise?

I have 4 encrypted ones at 4119 H, Live Well is at 4141V, ABC HD is at 4078H, Mytv is at 4183V and 4119H

OK, I was able to rotate the LNB clockwise about 90degrees(standing behind the dish) and I am now able to get the Live Well Network channels, all the ABC and MyTV feeds. I am going to try to experiment with the skew and hopefully pickup the fox channel. I still need to pickup coax but I got my new mini tv and need to get a long cord to hook into the TV input.

What model LNB?

Some of those need to be skewed 90 degrees to run properly. My Geosat Pro C2 has to be that way

I have 2 DMX211 mounted on the feedhorn and one is 90degrees from the other but one sits directly behind the scalar ring at the end and the other one is on the side and has a smaller tunnel the signal travels through(this is the one that seems to be weaker.) I have 500 feet of coax being delivered later tonight so I am going to replace the cable. One thing I noticed is the transponder numbers are lining up how they should since I turned the assembly 90 degrees. They are just reading horizontal now (even though it is reading the vertical transponders) I think the multiswitch could be fooling it. I did lose the Lesea feeds however. (they were the strongest before)

I just went out and switched the cables into the multiswitch so the lnbs would get their proper voltages and my signals all stayed the same. My vertical transponder numbers are proper now along with good s/q on live well network, Mytv, and ABC feed. I will report back once I am able to replace these cables with the corroded aluminum jacket.

I replaced the coax cables and didn't notice any signal increase. I am going to mess with the skew tonight and try to find more channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)