Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
hey guys,
don't mean to butt in but when reading this post...it got me thinking.
am just learning about fta and my neighbor(who had a c-band dish years ago) and I just installed my new 36" ku band fortec star dish with motor on my roof, powered by a brand new fortec mercury II receiver.
have been having issues with scanned satellites locking in good, when i do scans it detects transponders but only limited chs. appear...

1.) mainly interested in a few spanish channels (gotten azteca of) and the us networks on G18 123W, have gotten some channels on 123 but NOT the us ones, has anyone had success receiving them with my equipment or similar, I'm in CT @ 41.4N 73.4W or 74.3 not sure not home right now
2.) frustrated can't get any of the RTN feeds! scan AMC9 83W but they dont'c ome up!

Any thoughts, suggestions,

3.) scanned last night picked up azteca which I know is on 93w but my receiver says it was found on 91w
also, picked up ONN (ohio) which is really on 74w but my box says it was found on 72w

so obviously I'm out of alignment, can't even get the 100's of ethnic chs on 97w right now, whereas I was previously

Thanks!!

hey guys,
don't mean to butt in but when reading this post...it got me thinking.
am just learning about fta and my neighbor(who had a c-band dish years ago) and I just installed my new 36" ku band fortec star dish with motor on my roof, powered by a brand new fortec mercury II receiver.
have been having issues with scanned satellites locking in good, when i do scans it detects transponders but only limited chs. appear...

1.) mainly interested in a few spanish channels (gotten azteca of) and the us networks on G18 123W, have gotten some channels on 123 but NOT the us ones, has anyone had success receiving them with my equipment or similar, I'm in CT @ 41.4N 73.4W or 74.3 not sure not home right now
2.) frustrated can't get any of the RTN feeds! scan AMC9 83W but they dont'c ome up!

Any thoughts, suggestions,

3.) scanned last night picked up azteca which I know is on 93w but my receiver says it was found on 91w
also, picked up ONN (ohio) which is really on 74w but my box says it was found on 72w

so obviously I'm out of alignment, can't even get the 100's of ethnic chs on 97w right now, whereas I was previously

Thanks!!

You should start your own thread. Maybe a mod will move this. You say you got channels on 123 but not RTN. Are you sure those channels you got were on 123W? I would aim at 121 and do a blind scan to see if you get the RTN then since your setup seems off by 2 degrees. Sounds like you need to twist the whole dish setup on the pole by 2 degrees manually. Like I said, I'd try scanning 121 first and see if you get the RTNs

sorry sbigdad2121!
will start new threads in the future...
and thanks will check the dish and maybe try your suggested trick with 121W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)