Having issues with WS International ESX-242 Dual C-band LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shorage

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
Virginia
Ive been trying to get reception on my dish for 4 days now....I am gonna go home and set the LNB in the direction you have it...if i get a signal....i am gonna be the happiest man alive.I have the ESX242 and WS1870p DISH and a COOLSAT5000.Does the second output need to be attached to another receiver in order to recieve a signal on the first output?Do i have to set anything special in the COOLSAT in this scenario?

Ive been trying to get reception on my dish for 4 days now....I am gonna go home and set the LNB in the direction you have it...if i get a signal....i am gonna be the happiest man alive.I have the ESX242 and WS1870p DISH and a COOLSAT5000.Does the second output need to be attached to another receiver in order to recieve a signal on the first output?Do i have to set anything special in the COOLSAT in this scenario?

The second output does not need to be attached to a receiver. On the ESX242, each port is individually controlled. Meaning each one will switch on 13V & 18V. Some dual & quad C and Ku LNBFs (And I don't know of any that are on the market right off the top of my head that are like this) have each port controlled separately. This means that one port works with 18V for H TPs only and the other 13V for V TPs, or if a quad, then two would be V and two would be H.

In regards to settings in your receiver, if you are not using any 22KHz or DiSEqC switches, then you only need to set the LO frequency in the receiver under the particular satellite that you are looking for to the frequency of 5150MHz and you should be good to go. :car:

Good luck. Please let us know how it turns out. :hatsoff:

Yeah,

I just have the ESX242 attached to 1 coolsat 5000....DIRECT.

I have all my satellites setup like this.
IMG_20120424_164932.jpg

I am assuming this is the screen i would sit at to try to lock on a satellite. It doesn't matter which one is selected, right?

TPs have to be set? I still cant lock on. I must be doing something stupid.

Thanks In Advance

Frank Costa

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts