Having Multiple Joey's W/one Hopper

bmetelsky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Elyria, OH USA
Hi,

I have someone interested in buying my owned Joey, but he has a question that I cannot answer.
He has a Hopper with 3 Joey's. Can he add a 4th Joey? I'm sure a splitter would be needed.
He's thinking that he could have 4 if he only used 2-3 at a time.

Don't know for sure if it would work or not but DISH will only activate 3 Joeys per Hopper.

Can it be done may be different than will DISH allow it on the account. Might be a question for DIRT to see if an owned Joey can be added to one hopper as the 4th.

A 4 way splitter?

I don't believe it needs to be special setup. Just split the client line enough for all 4 joeys.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The more I research it the more it looks like a Hopper can only support 3 Joeys. You may need a second Hopper in order to support a fourth Joey.

Pretty sure a Hopper can support 4 Joeys as a 3 Joeys + Super Joey is a valid configuration. Whether a CSR is allowed to activate a fourth Joey with a single Hopper on account is the question. Those with multiple Hoppers and many Joeys can chime in on how many Joeys can link to a Hopper.

I believe a 4th Joey is supported, but as stated, it may have to be an owned or customer paid for Joey, but keep in mind that any 3rd or 4th Joey to attempt to join the network while the other Joeys or Hopper are being used to watch live TV or record program, will be limited to either a SHARED view of LIVE programming or the ability to DVR Playback or VOD playback (via internet). Of course, if other Joeys or Hopper are in standby, than any Joey will have full functionality. I think Dish views the 4th Joey (and maybe even the 3rd) as Joeys used in rooms that won't see major use most of day and are in use or used for only a few hours a day, like an exercise room, spare guest room, etc. that would have full functionality when the other Joeys aren't being used at that time of day. Now that I've thoroughly confused you :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)