Having Trouble With Dish at 123w Location

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
I am having trouble with picking up channels on the 123w location. I live on Long Island in New York. I lose signal early in the morning and late at night. Also sometimes during the day I lose signal. When I am able to watch 123w something very strange happens. It goes from 62 percent quality, to 58, to 41, to 16, to 0, and jumps around everywhere in between. I have already replaced the LNB, and my results have not changed. I have a clear line of sight. Can anyone tell me if they are having similar problems?

what dish?

Maybe you need a larger dish to reject the close signal at 125°?
From your location, the satellites appear much closer together, than to many in other parts of the country.

What dish are you using?
Have you tried fine-tuning your dish, and adjusting your skew?
Are you motorized?

I think Anole has found the problem for you. When I peaked my dish for 123 I found that depending what transponder I used, It would peak at different spots. The transponder with the adjacent satellite interference was peaked when it was moved further away from the ajacent satellite. Using this transponder to peak my dish has provided a reliable signal on all the 123 transponders. The other transponders (the ones without the adjacent satellite interference) are a slight bit lower than when peaked, but are still reliable. I use a 1m dish in Southern Ontario.

hmmm, im not sure what dish im using, but I know its 76cm. Is this okay? Its a stationary dish, and Larry said that he was still getting a good signal even though it was adjacent to 125. Im still not getting a very good signal.

We talked about this awhile back
Thread related:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/150263-amc-21-a.html

The main point being dishes being big enough to reject signals 2 degrees or more
See picture attached

90cm or 36" dishes are 2 degree compliant. The Winegard 76cm dish does a good job with gain so that this isn't usually an issue 'til it is like I think your having.

Most of us that were having problems adjusted our dishes a little east to block more of 125

Attachments

• ku_bmwd.gif
    ku_bmwd.gif
    68.5 KB · Views: 183
Anole already said this, but its easy to overlook -- have you checked the skew of your LNB? It can make a huge difference in signal strength/quality.

Since you are in New York, your LNB should be rotated 41 degrees counterclockwise (assuming you are at the LNB and facing the inside of your dish).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts