Having troubles!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dozerdean

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
HelloI have a 31" dish witth a standard ku lnbf.Had dish set by a sat tec.My recievers are a Evolution ox-o1 & a fortic star 5400. Trying to lock on to G10R.I lock on to 23 scrambled ch & 2 radio ch. I use power scan & blind scan thats what I get. Have meter sf 95 thats where it pegs out at. Can't seem to get any other sat but G10R. Do you keep scaning & hope you pick something else up or what?? Fecq is set 10750,FTA is on, network search is on, 22Mhz is on or auto.Do not have motor for sat. Do I keep scaning & hope to get something or what?? Thanks for any HELP!!

Can you tell us what a particular channel's information is. On one of the channels, hit the INFO button on the remote. Hopefully, there will be transponder frequency, polarity, and FEC .
Also VPID, APID , and SID info. We might be able to identify the bird you are aimed at. Probably 121W, but try for the information.
:)

121 doesnt have 23 channels on it anymore...DIsh removed most of them so I wonder what he's picking up

Hello. Ch name Ch1-2f6. PCR PID 4130 Video PID 4130 Audio PID 4130.Frecq 120032. Symbol 20000 POL V FEC 3/4 Thats all I figured out to get Thanks !!Also some say no sig & some say scambled.....This is the Evolution........The Fortecstar has better info. TP FREC 11720 Sysmbol rate 27692 pol V.... V PID-32...APID 33....PPID 970 Only 3 Ch on tha FTS... Thanks for the HELP!!!!

Last edited:
On TP 11720, you should get 16 channels. I think you may be slightly off on your L O S (line of sight). While on that TP, try and move the dish just slightly toward the west and see if you can bet a better signal Quality. Then Re-Scan and see if it helps.
Good Luck..!!!

.....The Fortecstar has better info. TP FREC 11720 Sysmbol rate 27692 pol V.... V PID-32...APID 33....PPID 970 Only 3 Ch on tha FTS... Thanks for the HELP!!!!
That info lines up with KMMF 17 Missoula, MT (FOX) on G10 123W.
Bob

Found Signal!!

Can you tell us what a particular channel's information is. On one of the channels, hit the INFO button on the remote. Hopefully, there will be transponder frequency, polarity, and FEC .
Also VPID, APID , and SID info. We might be able to identify the bird you are aimed at. Probably 121W, but try for the information.
:)Forticstar rec. I'am pointing at 121W picked up signal.. nOW i HAVE STARTING POINT!!THANHS :up

Last edited:
Great! keep us posted. 123w G10 is about 1/32" away on the mast. Mark where you're at on the mast (so you can find your way back if need be) and move the dish west ever so little.
Good luck
Bob

Make sure that you skew your lnb appropriately. A Sat calculator will tell you the correct angle, based upon your location. Skewing is necessary to correctly align the linear polarities, and optimize your signal quality.

Need sat name??

Great! keep us posted. 123w G10 is about 1/32" away on the mast. Mark where you're at on the mast (so you can find your way back if need be) and move the dish west ever so little.
Good luck
Bob
Bob, I got 2 Ch can't seem to find them on a list I have. Gh name-LA ACADE TP FREq 12139....Symbol Rate 3332.... POL V.....V PID 264 A PID 264....P PID 8190. It is a Spanish Ch. Any info on what sat this is would be helpfull. Thanks Dean..:confused:

Skew

Make sure that you skew your lnb appropriately. A Sat calculator will tell you the correct angle, based upon your location. Skewing is necessary to correctly align the linear polarities, and optimize your signal quality.
Brent My Skew is set at 30 counterclockwise.. Thanks Dean..:rolleyes:

I'd concentrate on tuning in the 11720 V transponder. Slight adjustment to that 30 skew might help. At your dish, just slightly leaning on one side or the other ( as well as top and bottom) should give you an idea of which adjustments will improve your quality.

Can't figure this out! I can not get G18. I have IA 129 now. At one time I had SAT MAX 5. But can't get signal for G18!! Any suggetions?? Thanks Dean.

Dozerdean
If you marked the pole where you was at earlier ( i think 121) move it back to that mark and G18 is a very small movement maybe a 1/8 of an inch , you might have to tweak the elevation and skew just a bit ( from 121) I found G18 the hardest to hit as a stationary dish

when turning the dish have the receiver setup to show your transponder signal use 11720 or 11800 for G18 ( i set mine up at the dish so i can watch)

it will hardly seem like you've moved the dish its that small of a movement

Can't figure this out!
actually your very close and sounds like you passed it... its easy to miss
just don't get frustrated , if you can't find it take a break come back and talk to us drink a cup of coffee and try again :)
good luck

Hello. Thanks for the advice!! I'm on 129 right now ,very stong signal 43-46%.Ido have a motor but haven't put on yet. Don't have much time to play with sat ,but sure is fun to see what your going to hit next!! Thanks Dean

If you get on 121w (Congrats on the Superdish screen), very slowly move your dish to the west until you completely lose signal on 121w. Rescan, and you should have G-18.

Happy Days Are here!! Finally locked on to G 18. Picked up 32 Ch. But do have a problem with 3 to 4 Ch. Retro-jams is one,. No sound...Don't know if is the station problem or not?? Very strong signal 95-98% power &70-75% Quality. Also I'm going to install a motor,whch I already have.Is ther any suggestions on a good way to install properly to hit your Sats right. THANKS to EVERYONE for the help & Quick responce to messages Thanks Dean.

"Retro-jams is one,. No sound"
The sound is AC3 Dolby Digital, you need a Home Theater Stereo receiver or an HD Sat reciever.
There are other options too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts