Hawaii Five-0

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Big changes coming, as Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly) and Grace Park (Kono) join the previously written out Masi Oka (the medical examiner) in leaving the show. As with most shows, the original contracts expired after 7 seasons and the two wanted "pay equity" with the McGarrett and Danno. In a fairly bitter interview Kim, for want of a better term, "played the race card".

If they do not add new characters, this series, will have four white and one black characters, set in a state that is less than 25% white and less than 2% black, with 38% Asian, 10% "native", and 58% self-described as "at least part Asian".

Big changes coming, as Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly) and Grace Park (Kono) join the previously written out Masi Oka (the medical examiner) in leaving the show. As with most shows, the original contracts expired after 7 seasons and the two wanted "pay equity" with the McGarrett and Danno. In a fairly bitter interview Kim, for want of a better term, "played the race card".

If they do not add new characters, this series, will have four white and one black characters, set in a state that is less than 25% white and less than 2% black, with 38% Asian, 10% "native", and 58% self-described as "at least part Asian".

I like this show a lot but this is a big read flag of the beginning of the end.

They were going to end the show after season 8 anyway. Why not settle for the raise they offered to them and finish out the last year? I could see them pulling this request for parity in the early years ,like The cast of Friends did,but wait till the last year is kind of stupid. Now instead of a raise, they get nothing and no residuals for the last season.

I had not heard they were ending the show after 8 years. I had read that CBS makes so much $$ overseas on it that it can afford to lose money here.

Anyway, I don't have a dog in the fight, but I agree this seems like a shortsighted move on the two actors' parts. Friends was an ensamble show, no one "friend" could be said to be more another, so probably every one should make the same. This show is clearly the two guys as the stars and the rest are supporting. I don't think Scotty and Sulu thought they should make the same as Kirk and Spock.

There was an article that I read online that they were ending it after the 8th year. They haven't had exceptional ratings and some years they almost didn't get renewed till the last minute.

I still watch it and I'll see how it is with the new season - but without the Kono and Chin Ho characters it will be different and I don't know if as good. The "Danno" character is one I can do without - never liked.

Hawaii Five-0 requires the greatest suspension of disbelief of any show I am aware of. Fantastic plots and unrealistic stunts. With the show's fans having bought in that deeply, a "Coy and Vance Duke" (replacing the characters with new ones that differ only in name); a "BJ Hunnicut" (replacing the characters with new ones that are somewhat different but play the same basic role) ; or even a "Darrin Stephens" (just hire new actors and move on) would be pretty easy.

Ian Anthony Dale, Meaghan Rath and Beulah Koale are joining the cast of "Hawaii Five-0." Wonder how they are going to handle Ian's character?

S~

Just watched the season opener,the writers were really smokin with this episode and I don't mean the fake looking cgi forest fire. o_O
That was probably one of the dumbest, most ridiculous shows I've ever seen. Mind boggling.

Reactions: primestar31
That was probably one of the dumbest, most ridiculous shows I've ever seen. Mind boggling.

Same Old $hit. WHY do they NEVER shoot the bad guy on sight! Even just knee-capping him would have worked. Why did they NOT have a cop already at the back of the house, when they kicked their way in the FRONT? WTF, Adam-12 did that way back before the 1970's!

Why did the bad guy after escaping WAIT in the bedroom while the cops were talking and stayed there for them to open the bedroom door, before he finally went out the window?

Etc, etc... This episode was one Mind-Boggling STUPIDITY after another... The writer should be fired.

Reactions: norman881
Opening episode was totally ridiculous! I am seriously concerned for the future of this series if this was an example of how the writing will go this season. Plus the fact that 2 regulars are gone.:thubdown

I was OK with the episode until the end when Steve is miraculously in the helicopter and they carry the cabin away. I dropped Scorpio because of this ridiculousness.

S~

Reactions: KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)