HBO 300 vs 9456

jeff5656

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
I have HBO listed on both of the above channels and both in HD. Is there a difference between those lower channels and the ones in the 9000's (because I get both).

I have HBO listed on both of the above channels and both in HD. Is there a difference between those lower channels and the ones in the 9000's (because I get both).

Not even a different signal, its just a "convienence" done by the software if you have the HD map down enabled. Personally I hate it have both OTA and HD mapdowns disabled.

I'm the opposite...I lock out the 9000s that are repeated with mapdown. I can never remember the 9000 numbers anyway. Only thing I don't ike is Food and HGTV being mapped down, since they are not simulcasts.

Also, I've got my wife "trained" that if she sees a movie she wants to see on, say, one of the west coast premiums, she will flick up one channel and search forward for the next HD broadcast and record it rather than watch it in SD now.

I don't understand why people don't like the mapdown, especially on local channels. If I want to watch SPECIFICALLY HD, I switch to All HD, and I have all the duplicates locked out. All the REAL HD channels are still in the 9000s, and all the sometimes stretchovision channels are on the numbers I already know.

I'm the opposite...I lock out the 9000s that are repeated with mapdown. I can never remember the 9000 numbers anyway. Only thing I don't ike is Food and HGTV being mapped down, since they are not simulcasts.

Also, I've got my wife "trained" that if she sees a movie she wants to see on, say, one of the west coast premiums, she will flick up one channel and search forward for the next HD broadcast and record it rather than watch it in SD now.

I don't understand why people don't like the mapdown, especially on local channels. If I want to watch SPECIFICALLY HD, I switch to All HD, and I have all the duplicates locked out. All the REAL HD channels are still in the 9000s, and all the sometimes stretchovision channels are on the numbers I already know.

I agree with you. The other thing mapdown offers is it keeps channels grouped with otherlike channels.

Tnsprin, how does one disable the mapdown?
Do you mean just select them out of your favorite channels?

Its in a silly spot

Local Channels, Menu 6, 9, channel display. DishHd channels enable and disable. Also Local sat channels mapdowns are here with Hd Priority, SD Only, Hd and SD, or disable.

So what's the best way to do it without missing recording options?

There are times when I want to record HD off the sat, and watch OTA - will both options show up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)