HBO/Cinemax Free Preview

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Southern CA
I believe I got a message in my D* mail that there is a free preview for HBO/Cinemax this weekend. There is a free preview, but most of these channels were grayed out in the guide, leaving only a handful of channels that you could actually watch. Did others experience the same thing?

Anyway, I assume the purpose of free previews is to interest the subscriber in subscribing to these channels and the free preview of only a handful of the many HBO/Cinemax channels was very ineffective in tempting me to order the service. I can't understand why they would have a "limited" free preview...

I believe I got a message in my D* mail that there is a free preview for HBO/Cinemax this weekend. There is a free preview, but most of these channels were grayed out in the guide, leaving only a handful of channels that you could actually watch. Did others experience the same thing?

Anyway, I assume the purpose of free previews is to interest the subscriber in subscribing to these channels and the free preview of only a handful of the many HBO/Cinemax channels was very ineffective in tempting me to order the service. I can't understand why they would have a "limited" free preview...

Isn't it next weekend? And I believe all the premiums will be open, not just HBO and Cinemax

The OP must not have actually read the D* mail. I guess they figured it would be better to come here and confuse everyone instead.

Sorry for the confusion, my bad. The message disappeared from my D* mail and I thought it was this past weekend. When I called up "channels I get" on the guide, there were some HBO's and some Cinemax that were not grayed out, although I since found out I couldn't get them. D* contibuted to my confusion...

yeah it seems those channels in the HBO/Cinemax area that are not greyed out are the recently added HD channels

Occasionally you'll find a channel that is NOT highlighted will actually show the channel, so I would TRY the channel just the same.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)