HBO, Cinemax, INHD 1 & 2, and Adult PPV by next week?

Dan Berndt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
It was post on the Yahoo VOOM forum that these channels are coming next week along with a software upgrade. Wilt at VOOM has been saying he is going to give us a software upgrade soon. Could be some truth to this, although I won't hold my breath.

It's programming vs technical, so Wilt's the wrong guy, or he will disavow smartly :)

wilt confirmed that there is an update coming this week or most LIKELY next week, at least that confirms one part ot the rumor.

Sean Mota said:
It will be great if we can get INHD I & 2 before the 15th of February -- NBA All Star Weekend.

That would be very nice. It figures INHD started showing sports right after I cancell my comcast digital to go to Voom.

While watching the NBA Game on E*, I saw that TNT-HD was debuting in May 2004 and they will be carrying The NBA Conference Finals in High Definition. I really hope that VOOM keeps this one in their radar. Well I am dreaming again :sleeo wake me up somebody!

Just now talking to Voom tech help and they, of course, aren't aware of anything happening immediately but, they did say that the "big launch" is the last day of this month. Hmmmm... I wonder what that could be? :mad:

Uuugh! What's taking so loooooong! Flip the damn switch! The natives are getting restless!

I'm having digtal cable with HD installed the next to last day of the month, so the last day of the month will be a turning point whether I drop Voom or Dish.

Tim

I am patiently waiting also. If Voom doesn't launch their full channel Lineup in the next few weeks, I will be scheduling Comcasts HD for service and dropping Voom. The only thing saving them is its free. But I am getting tired of SAT companies saying soon we will have this and then 2 years later we get it. 2yrs is not soon. I've been putting up with this from DirecTV and I am not about to start with another Service doing the same.

I have no complians about Voom so far, I understand they are getting their sh*t together. And as long as its free service and money back offers stands, I will give them the chance to make good. Also I would like them to get INHD, Seeing I can get HDnet on D* I'd rather them give us INHD along with a Firewire.

The one thing keeping me from getting VOOM is that they don't have ESPN in any format HD or SD. Anyone heard anything about that?

Now, we need INHD & INHD 2. We get this and we will be dreaming. I am very close to pull the plug on E*. I will stay with three receivers for E* (two 6000u and 1 721). I will stay with the HD package for just HDnet and HDnet movies and probably locals for CBS-HD. This will reduce my monthly bill from $140 to $15. I will put up the other receivers for sale. So I am very close to do this with E*. So E* days of getting my dollars might be numbered...

The rumor posted the other day said. This will be the week for HBO, Cinemax, INHD 1 & 2, and Adult PPV. Nice rumor that happened to be somewhat true :)

We need INHD 1 & 2 + Adult PPV to be all true and not partially true. Although I am happy even if it is partially true. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts