HBO/CINEMAX Preview Outrage!!

It just made me feel better..that's all

You are not alone in your displeasure of copy protection. I had to run HDMI to a TV (75' run) that I have had component wiring for about 12 years. The TV of course had been replaced over the years and had HDCP properly working on it, but still it is a pain to have to crawl under the floor, bring the wiring into the basement, run it up a chase into the 2nd floor attic then down the wall to the TV. Hours essentially wasted to get an identical picture. I had started with the 6000 then 811 then 622 and now 922 serving 2 TVs with component, my office on the first floor and my bedroom on the second. It has worked well since the 622 doing HDMI on one and component on the other.

I have a 722 hooked to an Insignia 42" set. No problems here. My DVR is getting an extra workout so I'm sure it's ready for the preview to end. ;)

I have a 922 and I cant watch HBO on tv 2 with a straight coax cable. I have a year old westinghouse tv at the receiver. It will record on tuner 2 but I just cant watch it.

All of the HBOs work just fine for me via Component and HDMI. I am on Western Arc. I forgot to check Eastern Arc, can anyone on EA confirm whether or not they work on Component?

Also, have heard that having HDMI on TV1 and coax for TV2, TV2 would be unable to access HBO. Is this true?

They do . I have my 722k on eastern arc dish and I use component to my Pro hd sling box and I can watch Hbo on the sling player on my google review unit in the bedroom. Wow that is like three electronic devices to watch my tv in living room in HD in the bedroom.;)

I'm on Eastern Arc using a 622 with a broken HDMI. Watching all HBO & Cinemax free preview channels over component to a Samsung DLP no problem.

well I fixed it.. I unplugged the HDMI connection and the component (in HD) now works fine.. I guess the box doesn't see a digital connection anymore

I just wonder how much longer it is going tot take the movie studios to learn what the record companies finally did. I tunes removed all the DRM from music about 2 years ago now and they are still selling I tunes. people that want to steal something will. Honest people will pay even if there is a way they can steal it. All this DRM crap does is make it hard for legit customers to used the content the way they want

I was able to Sling HBO from my 922 on my iPhone 4s without a problem. Have you tried using dishonline.com or a mobile app instead of the webslingplayer?

I can't use DO when TV1 is in use. Tried my Android phone and lo and behold it works, at least this evening. The guide initially did not show HBO channels, but I was able to address 300 and watch it. Don't know what was amiss this morning.