HBO/Cinemax Takedown

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
According to https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/news/3407060-dish-t-fire-new-salvos-hbo-blackout AT&T says again that Dish pulled the channels, AT&T was willing to keep them up under the then existing contract. Since there was no warning or rumors that they would be pulled maybe that’s correct.

Save it please. This isn't the DirecTV forum where you live and breathe AT&T's praises. We all knew something was up months ago when DISH stopped including HBO/MAX in the Free Movie Channel promo to new customers and when they announced the $10 a month special was ending.

Who cares who pulled the channels, the contract was up and AT&T wants a minimum sub purchase from DISH (30%) if we're to be allowed to give them our money. Screw them! AT&T should never have been allowed to assimilate Time Warner, or maybe not even DirecTV for that matter. They're too big with too much power and everybody except their greedy shareholders are going to suffer if something isn't done about them.

Save it please. This isn't the DirecTV forum where you live and breathe AT&T's praises. We all knew something was up months ago when DISH stopped including HBO/MAX in the Free Movie Channel promo to new customers and when they announced the $10 a month special was ending.

Who cares who pulled the channels, the contract was up and AT&T wants a minimum sub purchase from DISH (30%) if we're to be allowed to give them our money. Screw them! AT&T should never have been allowed to assimilate Time Warner, or maybe not even DirecTV for that matter. They're too big with too much power and everybody except their greedy shareholders are going to suffer if something isn't done about them.

I agree. I'm a capitalist through and through, but mergers such as these are anti-competitive and need better regulation. ATT is too big and needs divestiture (again).

Can’t handle anything that might run contrary to your belief that Dish is good and AT&T is evil, suck it up buttercup.

They were still in negotiations, nothing was a done deal. Charlie might have been able to get a better deal, but now maybe AT&T says screw your Charlie, we have many different ways to get our content out there, you have no way to get our content unless you have a contract.

I have been a Dish customer in the past but left them due to their crappy hardware they had at the time and the constant pulling of channels.

Reactions: reddice
Can’t handle anything that might run contrary to your belief that Dish is good and AT&T is evil, suck it up buttercup.

They were still in negotiations, nothing was a done deal. Charlie might have been able to get a better deal, but now maybe AT&T says screw your Charlie, we have many different ways to get our content out there, you have no way to get our content unless you have a contract.

I have been a Dish customer in the past but left them due to their crappy hardware they had at the time and the constant pulling of channels.

You can suck it up buttercup. I'm sure you were in the room during the negotiations and you know all about it. :p

I hope the government tears AT&T apart just because they're an unethical, anti-competitive, greedy bunch. It's got nothing to do with DISH unless DISH can help with that goal.

I know the DirecTV forum is usually dead so you probably feel the need to be here where it's lively with free thinkers but your AT&T cheer leading is getting very old here.

I agree. I'm a capitalist through and through, but mergers such as these are anti-competitive and need better regulation. ATT is too big and needs divestiture (again).

I am all for free enterprise as well , however, I do not think that any corporation involved in any way with a MVPD should be able to own content, the two should be completely separate.

So it's been published that DISH had about 2.5 million HBO subs. The following is speculation but considering a lot of them probably had HBO and MAX it would probably be safe to assume that Warner was getting maybe $8 a sub or more per month. That adds up to about $20 million a month. That's an awful lot of money that AT&T isn't getting. They still have the same overhead to provide all their channels, it's just that now they're getting a lot less money every month for them. I'd be willing to bet that they feel that hurt.

We all knew something was up months ago when DISH stopped including HBO/MAX in the Free Movie Channel promo to new customers and when they announced the $10 a month special was ending.
Just FYI, I got HBO and Cinemax in the free movie promo when I signed up in September.

This I agree with. They are flexing their monopoly power, which is why I am loath to give them my money via HBO GO. That would just reinforce their tactics.

Er...Dish's hardware? Please elaborate.

That must have been a mistake because they removed the HBO/MAX channels from the free new customer premium channel promo in July at the beginning of Q3. I just confirmed that in a DISH portal.

Yeah, it wasn't there in August when I looked at new customer promos for my parents.

Reactions: JSheridan
You can suck it up buttercup. I'm sure you were in the room during the negotiations and you know all about it. :p

I hope the government tears AT&T apart just because they're an unethical, anti-competitive, greedy bunch. It's got nothing to do with DISH unless DISH can help with that goal.

I know the DirecTV forum is usually dead so you probably feel the need to be here where it's lively with free thinkers but your AT&T cheer leading is getting very old here.
And you are in the room so you know exactly who's demanding what and who decided to pull the channels, not.

So you're saying that the government needs to tear AT&T apart, just after the government approved letting AT&T acquire the Time Warner assets? So the government now needs to change their mind just because you don't like the outcome, too bad. And please don't limit your greedy bunch to AT&T, just about all corporations are, they're out there to increase their profits all the time, Dish included.

And yes the DIRECTV forum here is dead, because this is a Dish centric site, there's another site that has much more Directv activity then this site.

Reactions: goaliebob99
And you are in the room so you know exactly who's demanding what and who decided to pull the channels, not.

So you're saying that the government needs to tear AT&T apart, just after the government approved letting AT&T acquire the Time Warner assets? So the government now needs to change their mind just because you don't like the outcome, too bad. And please don't limit your greedy bunch to AT&T, just about all corporations are, they're out there to increase their profits all the time, Dish included.

And yes the DIRECTV forum here is dead, because this is a Dish centric site, there's another site that has much more Directv activity then this site.

:blah :blah :blah

AT&T has said that they 'expect' a 30% take from HBO providers. DISH has said that AT&T wants a minimum sub number. Even you should be able to figure that one out.

The government didn't let AT&T assimilate Time Warner, some judge did. The government has opposed it and it's being appealed. Hopefully it will be reversed soon.

There's a difference between making money and being unethical, unfair and monopolistic. Sorry if you can't tell the difference.

That other site you speak of would probably be a better place for you to espouse your propaganda because in case you haven't noticed it's not very well received here. Basically you're just trolling here looking for an argument. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)