HBO/Cinemax Takedown

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
:blah :blah :blah

AT&T has said that they 'expect' a 30% take from HBO providers. DISH has said that AT&T wants a minimum sub number. Even you should be able to figure that one out.

The government didn't let AT&T assimilate Time Warner, some judge did. The government has opposed it and it's being appealed. Hopefully it will be reversed soon.

There's a difference between making money and being unethical, unfair and monopolistic. Sorry if you can't tell the difference.

That other site you speak of would probably be a better place for you to espouse your propaganda because in case you haven't noticed it's not very well received here. Basically you're just trolling here looking for an argument. :p

:notrolls

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat
Just so everyone knows, Best Buy is selling HBO NOW GIFT Cards 40% off on Black Friday, good deal, 2 $100 becomes $120 which is enough for 13 months of service, basically becomes 8.99 a month for HBO.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

And, we all know that Charlie would not lie to us.

Both sides always lie in situations like this. Who is the bigger liar? Might be a tie. Although misleading investors has severe consequences. Saying something like that on an earnings call that isn't true can get you removed from your position in the company.

Reactions: HipKat
Both sides always lie in situations like this. Who is the bigger liar? Might be a tie. Although misleading investors has severe consequences. Saying something like that on an earnings call that isn't true can get you removed from your position in the company.

You're not seriously suggesting that AT&T is above board?

I will predict the cable companies will follow Dish.

Netflix, amazon Prime, Hulu, Acorn, the networks and all the others have "skinny" packages where you buy what you want or in Netflix case, a lot for not much.

Dish looks at it and sees they are bleeding customers that move to less expensive (but more limited packages).

They have made the decision they have to hold prices down or lose customers big time.

So, Univison and HBO are gone (for now and maybe forever) but the associated costs are also gone.

Dish looks at it and sees they are bleeding customers that move to less expensive (but more limited packages).

They have made the decision they have to hold prices down or lose customers big time.

The price of Programming packages is not the only problem, the fees are just as bad, the main reason I left Comcast is the Broadcast TV Fee (up to $10.00/mo.), Regional Sports Fee (up to $8.00/mo.) , the X1 $10-20 a month and each extra DVR Box ( slave to the X1) another $10 a month, which would add another $60 a month to my bill and no other providers are much better as far as fees goes.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Charlie is in a no win situation with ATT and is trying to get the best deal for him. He's bleeding subs on Dish, and that's loss revenue. Everyone wants a skinny package now. They want the 30 channels they watch and don't want to pay for anything else. It would not surprise me to see content distributors go to the programmers and only pay for what people actually watch versus bundles of channels. Pay per channel based upon viewer ratings.

The price of Programming packages is not the only problem, the fees are just as bad, the main reason I left Comcast is the Broadcast TV Fee (up to $10.00/mo.), Regional Sports Fee (up to $8.00/mo.) , the X1 $10-20 a month and each extra DVR Box ( slave to the X1) another $10 a month, which would add another $60 a month to my bill and no other providers are much better as far as fees goes.
Cable used to be soley broadcast tv...now its a extra fee

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Charlie is in a no win situation with ATT and is trying to get the best deal for him. He's bleeding subs on Dish, and that's loss revenue. Everyone wants a skinny package now. They want the 30 channels they watch and don't want to pay for anything else. It would not surprise me to see content distributors go to the programmers and only pay for what people actually watch versus bundles of channels. Pay per channel based upon viewer ratings.
I dont think HBO is bundled..its a stand alone service

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Later on in this article Charlie talks about HBO and whats going on. Interesting read.

Ergen: Dish Would Face Customer ‘Backlash’ if Univision Returned
At the end of the day, since HBO and Cinemax are premium services, AT&T (as the owner of both networks and DirecTV) shouldn't be allowed to have guaranteed subscriber rates for competitors then give the network away for free on it's own service. They want to reach a fair deal. The fair deal should be "we want you to charge $15.00 per month for HBO and $10.00 per month for Cinemax." That's it! It shouldn't be you have to guarantee X amount of subscribers. It's an attempt to screw Dish over. Either Dish pays them an exhorbant amount, or loses subscribers. No matter what, it artificially inflates Directv's value and artificially deflates Dish's value. If there were 5 satellite companies, then I would feel differently. But such isn't the case.

Later on in this article Charlie talks about HBO and whats going on. Interesting read.

Ergen: Dish Would Face Customer ‘Backlash’ if Univision Returned
From that article:

"But the alternative with Dish’s other high-profile carriage dispute -- with HBO -- isn’t as easy to resolve. On the call, Ergen said the HBO battle has nothing to do with pricing, but with increased minimum subscriber thresholds the network wants to impose. HBO went dark to Dish subscribers on Nov. 1, so there was no impact on Q3 results."

Notice he said thresholds plural, as in multiple thresholds. So this could be AT&T is asking for tiered pricing, the more subscribers to HBO the lower the fee. I don't see the word guarantee mentioned by Charlie in that article.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)