HBO/Cinemax Takedown

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Or December. We are talking like there isn’t a current hearing scheduled.

Hearing for what? About the Time Warner merger?

If that’s the case, there are plenty of other disputes which dish has been involved with to prove that this is not an isolated incident.

Besides that, knowing Charlie he might purposely stalling negotiations so he can try to screw up the sale of Time Warner saying AT&T is targeting Dish.

The man can’t even get insurance for his own satellite’s because the insurance companies refuse to sell Dish insurance.

Yes about the merger. And even if that is Charlie’s game, there is still a hearing and still evidence that a provider should not be able to purchase a major channel like this. You know, the whole antitrust issue. At the very least, put conditions in place such as mandatory arbitration just like NBCU.

I just called Dish with the intent of canceling. I have other options locally and frankly, the latest mess with HBO was my "final straw". The rep told me that over my 13 year subscriber history, I had built up some sort of "loyalty credits" that would now allow me to have either $35 per month off my bill for 6 months with no commitment or $35 per month off the bill for 12 months with a 1 year commitment. I took option 2 and stayed, hoping that the HBO disruption be solved sooner rather than later. Only time will tell I guess.

Glad you like your service enough to be a fanboy I guess?

I really don't care to debate you any more as I know what Charter is putting my folks through. I don't really need any more mental anguish on the topic than that is already causing me. My original post was in response to claims that Dish has price increases every year. I was just pointing out that others do as well, and I'd rather pay the small increases with Dish than the ones I see my parents pay with Charter. I have no reason to mislead anyone. If I could get a copy of their bill, I would post it here. If I remember when I am home for the holidays, I'll take a picture of it and post it for everyone's enjoyment. If it is not as they described, I'll apologize, but I trust what they are telling me.

By fanboy if you mean I get a tremendous value and am generally satisfied with the services I have, then yes I am. Like the word ‘troll’, the word fanboy is so overused on the internet, it’s meaningless and is laughable to me.

I live in a small town of 4K people, with one gas station, a speed shop and a dive bar. There are more churches in my town then places to eat now that the pizza joint burnt down. Not a thriving metropolis, but we like it that way. I can get gigabit internet from Charter. The other options are rely on my HughesNet setup which gives me 10Mb on a good day in the middle of the night, or a Sprint hotspot by my bathroom window. I’m not mad a Charter for being a ‘monopoly’, they actually offer me service, why should I be mad at them? I am mad a Verizon who offers 3 Mb DSL around the corner from me but not at my address (not that I would want it), I am mad at the 4 cell providers for not caring about us. But how can I be mad at Charter for offering some of the fastest residential broadband in the country?

In the two years I’ve had SPP, the TV portion of my bill went up $4 a month. Box rentals increased a dollar last year, 50 cents this year. Broadcast TV fee when up $1.10. The pricing on all of the core TV Packages has stayed the same, pricing on all premiums on an an la carte basis have stayed the same. Has Dish pricing increased less, more or the same?

Answer me this, since I can’t seem to find it on their site. What is the price of Dish Network’s America’s Everything Pack now that HBO and Cinemax are gone? If AEP is no longer in existence, what would my out the door non promo rate be for the top TV package with Showtime/TMC, Starz, Starz Encore and Epix. Also what was the price of AEP prior to the removal of HBO and MAX? Just curious.

Reactions: pattykay
I am paying, with tax over $71 for Spectrum Internet in Ct ($69 + Tax) which has zoomed in cost over the last 18 months, no wifi. I am paying over $61 with tax in Florida that has also zoomed for the same speed service as Ct, no wifi. The rate card is wrong for here. So there are still different prices in my case by over $120 a year, and I am paying over the $71 with taxes in Ct. Also there is no other choice for less service (100/10) at either location, one speed higher for over $90 is available. (not counting any possible low income service)

With their phone service if I had it in Ct, the cost with all taxes and fees indeed would be very close to $110 though not quite.
"Effective November 2018. All charges exclude applicable taxes, FCC fees, franchise fees and the Broadcast TV Service Charge."

Under SPP for standalone standard internet it was $60 for 60 Mbps, last year it was increased to $65 and then at the end of the year the speed rose to 100 Mbps (or 200 Mbps in some areas). This year standalone internet increase $1 to $66. The vast majority of states don’t tax internet access, and the few that do will be dropping it in a year or two. If the rate card for your areas say service should be $66, then why haven’t you called to see why you are being charged more?

There are no taxes and fees associated with Spectrum Voice, like T-Mobile, the price advertised is the price you pay. What you are failing to realize is that under SPP2, Voice Service is $10 when added to internet. Internet is $66, phone is $10, the two together are $76.

By fanboy if you mean I get a tremendous value and am generally satisfied with the services I have, then yes I am. Like the word ‘troll’, the word fanboy is so overused on the internet, it’s meaningless and is laughable to me.

I live in a small town of 4K people, with one gas station, a speed shop and a dive bar. There are more churches in my town then places to eat now that the pizza joint burnt down. Not a thriving metropolis, but we like it that way. I can get gigabit internet from Charter. The other options are rely on my HughesNet setup which gives me 10Mb on a good day in the middle of the night, or a Sprint hotspot by my bathroom window. I’m not mad a Charter for being a ‘monopoly’, they actually offer me service, why should I be mad at them? I am mad a Verizon who offers 3 Mb DSL around the corner from me but not at my address (not that I would want it), I am mad at the 4 cell providers for not caring about us. But how can I be mad at Charter for offering some of the fastest residential broadband in the country?

In the two years I’ve had SPP, the TV portion of my bill went up $4 a month. Box rentals increased a dollar last year, 50 cents this year. Broadcast TV fee when up $1.10. The pricing on all of the core TV Packages has stayed the same, pricing on all premiums on an an la carte basis have stayed the same. Has Dish pricing increased less, more or the same?

Answer me this, since I can’t seem to find it on their site. What is the price of Dish Network’s America’s Everything Pack now that HBO and Cinemax are gone? If AEP is no longer in existence, what would my out the door non promo rate be for the top TV package with Showtime/TMC, Starz, Starz Encore and Epix. Also what was the price of AEP prior to the removal of HBO and MAX? Just curious.

FWIW: My folks live in a village of less than 600, so even smaller than your metropolis. :)

Here is the info in AEP currently:

America's Everything Pack | English Programming | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

Not sure if you can actually order it as a new customer though. Not sure about price before HBO removal either. Others here might know.

Wow $150. woof! Spectrum's TV Gold is $105 + $10 broadcast fee, only difference being no out of market RSNs that are blacked out most of the time.

Sounds like Charter would have to have a lot of those price increases you were talking about to even be close to what Dish charges.

I'm banking on the DOJ/Dish anti-trust lawsuit bringing this to an end. AT&T should never have been allowed to buy HBO/Cinemax to begin with. All it did was give them the ability to put the screws to whatever carrier they want to, whether it be Dish any other provider out there...

In 3-4 months (about sometime in March), I'll decide whether to add Amazon Prime Channels to my Prime subscription, or just live without HBO/Cinemax. I'm not changing providers, unless/until Dish closes up shop or becomes more expensive than Comcast cable here for the same programming...

Wow $150. woof! Spectrum's TV Gold is $105 + $10 broadcast fee, only difference being no out of market RSNs that are blacked out most of the time.

Sounds like Charter would have to have a lot of those price increases you were talking about to even be close to what Dish charges.

Yeah, AEP hasn't been a good deal for a while from what I can tell. If Charter had Dish-Quality hardware and software, or heck, even DirecTV-Quality hardware and software, I might consider it, given the Internet bundles they offer. if Charter did a good job supporting cable-cards, I might get a Tivo and some Minis and be happy, but, at least in my legacy TWC market, SDV tuning adapters are still really buggy how ever many years since they were introduced, and PQ on the SDV channels locally is poor...like worse-than-DSL-Uverse-poor. Bit-starved MPEG2 is not pretty. As it is, Dish suits my needs best for a number of reasons.

Seriously, I am glad you are happy with your Charter service. I meant no offense when I referred to you as a fanboy, but honestly, I couldn't think of a better term for someone who spends their time extolling Spectrum in a Dish forum. Evangelist maybe? Anyway, it is nice to know someone feels like they are getting their money's worth.

Reactions: pattykay
I'm banking on the DOJ/Dish anti-trust lawsuit bringing this to an end. AT&T should never have been allowed to buy HBO/Cinemax to begin with. All it did was give them the ability to put the screws to whatever carrier they want to, whether it be Dish any other provider out there...

In 3-4 months (about sometime in March), I'll decide whether to add Amazon Prime Channels to my Prime subscription, or just live without HBO/Cinemax. I'm not changing providers, unless/until Dish closes up shop or becomes more expensive than Comcast cable here for the same programming...

Charlie and Dish remind me of a story about a story about a boy who used to cry wolf.

Maybe 20 years ago that would have worked, but I think the FCC, Attorney General and DOJ are everyone else are tired of Dish’s antics.

Oh no Big Bad AT&T wants to charge us more money for HBO.

I have seen Dish try and pull this so many times it’s not believable anymore.

Reactions: reddice
Charlie and Dish remind me of a story about a story about a boy who used to cry wolf.

Maybe 20 years ago that would have worked, but I think the FCC, Attorney General and DOJ are everyone else are tired of Dish’s antics.

Oh no Big Bad AT&T wants to charge us more money for HBO.

I have seen Dish try and pull this so many times it’s not believable anymore.
Interesting that you quoted my post but didn't really address the issue other than try to diss Charlie (yet again)...it's getting old, Claude...

Claude is way past getting old with his Dish crap. If they owe you sue them and win. If its already been adjudicated and you lost then they don't owe you. If you did not sue them for millions thats your fault and they do not owe you. If they owe you then sue them and hush about it. If not then just hush.

Reactions: pattykay and Jim S.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)