HBO For 10 Bucks

My Promos end on the 16th, What's the best way to get that $10 deal on HBO and the $5 deal on DISH Movie pack?

Should I just let my promos run into Billing and then cancel, or "do not continue" first and then look at my offers?

My Promos end on the 16th, What's the best way to get that $10 deal on HBO and the $5 deal on DISH Movie pack?

Should I just let my promos run into Billing and then cancel, or "do not continue" first and then look at my offers?
"Do not continue". Then a day or two later, contact Dirt.

Reactions: Troch77
I disagree. For the movie pack, let it go to billing, and the same day cancel it, and it will give you a pop up. You can try with HBO, but not sure if that pop up would happen.

That popup does happen for HBO, or at least it did for me when I let all of them go to billing and then cancelled online.

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

That popup does happen for HBO, or at least it did for me when I let all of them go to billing and then cancelled online.

As well as it did for me when I chose Do Not Continue.

Well everything worked out, I got HBO for $10 I'm guessing for life, and Movie Pack $5 for 6 months.

They offered Cinemax for $5, and Showtime for $7, But I turned those down.

Reactions: fhsucade07
uploadfromtaptalk1446960294811.png

Keep on with the low priced movie deals and the price for these premium channels will eventually have to come down for every day price. Because No one is buying them at the $14.00 - $19.00 price for Starz,Showtime,Cinemax and HBo.

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say 'no one', but yeah, the deals are there because the subsciption numbers are not what they would like I suspect.
If it weren't for the original series and boxing, I wouldn't be subscribing to any of them since every movie they will show, will also show at some time on 'cable' channels or one of the streaming services.

Keep on with the low priced movie deals and the price for these premium channels will eventually have to come down for every day price. Because No one is buying them at the $14.00 - $19.00 price for Starz,Showtime,Cinemax and HBo.
Exactly
When for the same price or cheaper you can get them as a stand alone.
HBO is worth $10 if I have to pay for a Satellite subscription.
Not $19,not even $15.

Starz,Cinemax, and Showtime same deal.
IMO they are worth what Dish Discounts them for, Not $14 each

The Movie pack at $10 IMO is a decent price, But at $5 it's just another reason I'm with Dish and not Directv.

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say 'no one', but yeah, the deals are there because the subsciption numbers are not what they would like I suspect.
If it weren't for the original series and boxing, I wouldn't be subscribing to any of them since every movie they will show, will also show at some time on 'cable' channels or one of the streaming services.

Yes someone is paying full price.
Some crazy person lol!

They ones that won't take a discount, because they claim raises our overall prices.

By taking a discount, and refusing to pay full price helps drive prices down.
You can't sell if people won't buy.

I have no problem saying no I'm not paying that much.
I'll go without,Not selfishly pay what ever is demanded by them.

That's the problem people keep paying what's demanded, not what's reasonable or affordable.

But that trend is starting to turn around, as more and more people are choosing to go without.

Yeah haggling is a lost art.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not in my household. I haggle over everything. I get discounts on two of my DISH accounts every year. I get discounts on my Time Warner Cable internet bill and keep it under $55.55 tax included. I get a $12.00 state retire discount on my T-mobile cell phone bill. I get discounts on Xm and pay like $5.00 a month for my car.

I got my new laminate counter tops for two bathrooms and kitchen from Lowes with installation and a plumber install ,all for $1322.00. Had to argue with the manager and threaten to call BBB and their corporate office and report their shoddy business tactics. My wife and I were promised one thing by the initial clerk I made the deal with and then had to go back three different times to get them to come measure and once I got that done , they lost the paper work. Then when they recovered the paper work and I had all that done and they gave me a 10% discount for my trouble , I was ready to pay for it and they said the plumber wasn't free and I had to arrange that on my own. I blew a gasket and asked for the manager and took the her to her office and told her in no uncertain terms who I would call and what order, including the local news outlets in my area unless she made it good . She backed up and called a plumber who will come to my house on Sunday to hook up all my plumbing and dish washer, garbage disposal for FREE .The counter tops are being installed on Saturday and the plumber is reinstalling everything else on Sunday. Got her card and number in case I need to call her for any more problems.

Bought two new 2016 Hyndai cars at the end of last July and early August and got the blue book price I told them I wanted on both cars , got 1.75% interest on both for 5 years and NO payment for 3 months all financed at my local credit union. Payments of $232.00 and $222.00 for both cars. Spent a little under an hour both times to get the car paper work done and I didn't haggle at all. They gave me every thing I asked for and I was pre cleared for financing so no haggling necessary. The longest thing was getting the dealership to print up all the paper work and let me sign it all.

I haggle where necessary ,but I do not pay full price on big items and when it comes to business, I do not accept poor treatment and will not stand for it.

I received the HBO for $10 deal last month and just got the $5 deal on Dish Movie Pack for 6 months. That's a lot of movie channels for $15/month. A little haggling is usually worth the effort.

I received the HBO for $10 deal last month and just got the $5 deal on Dish Movie Pack for 6 months. That's a lot of movie channels for $15/month. A little haggling is usually worth the effort.
Considering both are existing deals being offered either by promotion or by automatic offer when you go to cancel, I wouldn't say you got those prices from "haggling". Asking, maybe. It never hurts to ask. :D

Reactions: ChadT41
Premiums eventually will have to come down more. Streaming is coming more common as ever before. Bandwidth limits or data caps are really what is keeping the,streaming option from going full mainstream. Basic packages for cable and satellite continue to go up every year,like everything else I guess.
In my opinion all the premium channels shouldnt be no more than 19.95 a month for all of them.Just my 2 cents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts