HBO For 10 Bucks

So HBO comes down to $10.00 a month and Showtime goes up to $15.00??? I only take Showtime for one series Penny Dreadful and only if it is half price. Really stupid move for Showtime to go up when most people aren't even subscribing to ANY premiums any more at all.

So HBO comes down to $10.00 a month and Showtime goes up to $15.00??? I only take Showtime for one series Penny Dreadful and only if it is half price. Really stupid move for Showtime to go up when most people aren't even subscribing to ANY premiums any more at all.
So does that mean I'm not the only one to see DISH raised the price of Showtime?

So does that mean I'm not the only one to see DISH raised the price of Showtime?
No, I checked out the DISH website and it is indeed now $15.00 for Showtime. IF you were smart you would call DISH and see if you can get Showtime for 1/2 price promo. Or you can try to cancel it online and see if it automatically offers you 1/2 promo. I just WON'T pay full price for premium channels any longer. I either get 1/2 promo or Free for 3 months or will get credits off of my bill to add them. The only premium pack that I think is worth anything is HBO and I got it for $10.00 for supposedly as long as I stay a DISH customer.

Reactions: Link
No, I checked out the DISH website and it is indeed now $15.00 for Showtime. IF you were smart you would call DISH and see if you can get Showtime for 1/2 price promo. Or you can try to cancel it online and see if it automatically offers you 1/2 promo. I just WON'T pay full price for premium channels any longer. I either get 1/2 promo or Free for 3 months or will get credits off of my bill to add them. The only premium pack that I think is worth anything is HBO and I got it for $10.00 for supposedly as long as I stay a DISH customer.
They offered it Half price when I removed it.
I really didn't want it anymore .
I just find it funny that no one bothered to mention the increase.

Just shows how (un)popular the package is.
So unpopular that they raised it up to $15.00. I just don't get these companies and their need for so much greed. I'm betting that the total amount of subs who are actually paying full price has plummeted since the days when the premiums were $10.00 a month. If it weren't for the 1/2 off offers and 3 month freebies , I 'm betting that the total amount of subs would be much, much smaller.

I just don't get these companies and their need for so much greed.

People like you amuse me. You come here and brag about calling for every discount you can get, every loophole you can exploit. Obviously, you're trying to save every dime you can, nothing wrong with that. However, when a company does that you call it greed. I see no difference.

Reactions: Yespage and KAB
People like you amuse me. You come here and brag about calling for every discount you can get, every loophole you can exploit. Obviously, you're trying to save every dime you can, nothing wrong with that. However, when a company does that you call it greed. I see no difference.
That's because there is no difference.

Just like when you guys point the finger at only the Networks for being Greedy for wanting more money, and not the Provider for not wanting to pay more.

Acually by a Customer refusing to pay full price, devalues the package.
Which sends a well over due message. We are done paying these prices, and we'll go without otherwise.

The Sucker that pays full price, only makes it worse, because Dish knows you'll keep paying a little bit more and more.
That is Greed IMO.

And you wait and Watch in the Next couple years when Directv's customers say F this.

They are going to have a Huge subscriber plummet.
Mark my words.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Just like when you guys point the finger at only the Networks for being Greedy for wanting more money, and not the Provider for not wanting to pay more.
Heck, I only make those claims of greed when comparing Dish's single-digit profit margin to many of the content owners' double-digit margins. Everything is relative.

The difference is the corporation can well afford to take a hit, where as I can't and won't . I agree that if you pay full price and don't ask for money off or 1/2 price for the premium movie packs , that DISH or any company will continue to charge as much as they can for it. The more people refuse to pay it , the more the price will have to go down in order to move it. Like my old Nigerian Captain used to say at the prison I worked at for 17 and a half years: "Remember they can only ride you if you BEND OVER , so Don't BEND OVER.":bigok

The difference is the corporation can well afford to take a hit, where as I can't and won't .

Nonsense. Their bottom line is just as important to them as your's is to you. Just like you have a household budget and perhaps family members who make use of every dollar you can save, the corporation has employees and stockholders who live on budgets and make use of every dollar the corporation can earn.

If one is greed, so is the other. Quit living your life as the little man, victim up against the big evil corporations of the world.

Reactions: KAB
Nonsense. Their bottom line is just as important to them as your's is to you. Just like you have a household budget and perhaps family members who make use of every dollar you can save, the corporation has employees and stockholders who live on budgets and make use of every dollar the corporation can earn.

If one is greed, so is the other. Quit living your life as the little man, victim up against the big evil corporations of the world.
I'm no victim and that was my point. I'm also not wasting my time having this ideological discussion with you either.

Have a good day.:music

I could add Showtime to my Hulu subscription for $8.99 a month, so I sure wouldn't pay $15 a month for it on Dish...

But Dish would probably offer it to you for half price, 6 months or 12 months at a time. Which is cheaper than the Hulu add on.

Reactions: fhsucade07
Seems like I get this offer about every 2nd or 3rd time I log in. Also got an email for 1/2 off Showtime today. $7.50/mo for 6 mos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts