HBO - Game of Thrones (No Spoilers)

I've been watching the "After the Thrones" episodes on HBO GO. That is actually the extension of a podcast that those same guys did when they were part of the now defunct Grantland that Bill Simmons started with ESPN. They are entertaining, but don't really bring up much that I hadn't already considered.

As far as the finale - it is going to be an insanely long 69 mins (which is fantastic). I'm not sure what the cliff hanger is going to be unless it is a revelation about the Tower of Joy (which won't be much of a surprise). Maybe something from Bran's vision of the wildfire under the Red Keep which allows Cersei to escape trial? I would think that Dani would be on the move as well, but who knows? I can only assume we will see the Night King, but where will he be?

I've been watching the "After the Thrones" episodes on HBO GO. That is actually the extension of a podcast that those same guys did when they were part of the now defunct Grantland that Bill Simmons started with ESPN. They are entertaining, but don't really bring up much that I hadn't already considered.

As far as the finale - it is going to be an insanely long 69 mins (which is fantastic). I'm not sure what the cliff hanger is going to be unless it is a revelation about the Tower of Joy (which won't be much of a surprise). Maybe something from Bran's vision of the wildfire under the Red Keep which allows Cersei to escape trial? I would think that Dani would be on the move as well, but who knows? I can only assume we will see the Night King, but where will he be?
Lady Stoneheart

Lady Stoneheart
Pretty sure it isn't going to happen. I think they have reached the saturation point of people coming back to life. Also Beric is still alive as evidenced by the scene with the Hound a couple weeks ago and I don't think that timeline would make sense to find her now (unless it was drastically different than the books) and bring her back to life.

Agree, very good. They needed the extra length for sure. We finally know about Jon's history (although he doesn't), but how are the North houses going to react to that. He is still half Stark, just a different half. Dani is finally on the move after an absurdly long wait. The biggest surprise to me was the Frey pie and who served it. I didn't expect to see her in this episode. I cannot believe that we now are forced to wait almost a year to learn more. Hopefully GRRM gets the next book out soon.

Reactions: Foxbat
All hail Jon of the Houses Targaryen and Stark, the Resurrected, the First of His Name, the White Wolf, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch, Lord of Winterfell, Warden of the North, King in the North, Beater of Bastards, Friend of the Free Folk, and Knower of Nothing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

All hail Jon of the Houses Targaryen and Stark, the Resurrected, the First of His Name, the White Wolf, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch, Lord of Winterfell, Warden of the North, King in the North, Beater of Bastards, Friend of the Free Folk, and Knower of Nothing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
You know nothing:)

Jamie didn't look very happy with his dear sister when he got back to town. Maybe he is going to add Queen Slayer to his titles. Or based on their actions, maybe he is already a Queen "slayer"... Could he be responsible for both ending the reign of the Targaryans and starting it again by allowing either Dani or John to take over?

It is still amazing to think that I "like" Jamie after he threw Bran from the tower to kill him waaaaaaay back in Season 1.

I expect that Lord Baelish will fill the power vacuum left by "no one" serving Frey Pie (service with a smile "from ear to ear") to Lord Frey. That could be his best entry into a "legitimate" Kingship, control of the Trident.

The only non-sequitur I saw was seeing Lord Varys with Daenerys's fleet of ships at the end, but I guess we're supposed to be observant and notice that some ships bear sigils of House Martlell and Tyrel, after bringing Varys back to Mereen.

Saw another tacky Meem with Tomlen: "Oh, THAT'S why they call it "Kings Landing"..."

This week's episode had to be one of the most satisfying of the series for me. What a great build-up and pay-off. A really good set-up for the final set of show-downs in the final season. I think this entire season has been fantastic!

I expect that Lord Baelish will fill the power vacuum left by "no one" serving Frey Pie (service with a smile "from ear to ear") to Lord Frey. That could be his best entry into a "legitimate" Kingship, control of the Trident.

The only non-sequitur I saw was seeing Lord Varys with Daenerys's fleet of ships at the end, but I guess we're supposed to be observant and notice that some ships bear sigils of House Martlell and Tyrel, after bringing Varys back to Mereen.

Saw another tacky Meem with Tomlen: "Oh, THAT'S why they call it "Kings Landing"..."
No, the guy in the dungeon who's married to Frey's daughter would have control of the Frey castle along with his family castle. Sansa would have control over the Bolton castle.

Jamie didn't look very happy with his dear sister when he got back to town. Maybe he is going to add Queen Slayer to his titles. Or based on their actions, maybe he is already a Queen "slayer"... Could he be responsible for both ending the reign of the Targaryans and starting it again by allowing either Dani or John to take over?

It is still amazing to think that I "like" Jamie after he threw Bran from the tower to kill him waaaaaaay back in Season 1.
Since ANYTHING seems to go on Game of Thrones, they are very well expecting that Jon Snow & Dany will get married, even though they are cousins.

Since ANYTHING seems to go on Game of Thrones, they are very well expecting that Jon Snow & Dany will get married, even though they are cousins.
Or half brother and sister if the Mad King is his father (not what I believe but we don't have 100% proof who the father is yet). Either way, ewwww! :)

walde_arya.jpg

If I read correctly somewhere, Dany is Jon's aunt.
Depends who his dad is. If it is Rhaegar then yes. If it is the Mad King then they would be half brother and sister. Some evidence points to the Mad King raping Lyanna as opposed to her getting together with Rhaegar. I don't think it is accurate, but it is possible.