HBO - Game of Thrones (No Spoilers)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I really enjoyed the first episode. Started with a bang from Arya and as usual the Hound really delivered. No one else can use the "c word" quite as effectively. There are a lot of moving pieces to get people in the right spots for this season. Can't wait for next week. It is going to be good.

Loved the opening scene. Revenge is sweet sayeth Arya.
That threw me off for a second - I thought it was a 'recap' of a previously shown dinner but then realized GoT doesn't do that. As soon as Frey started complimenting everyone (not his style!), I realized it was Arya in "faceless man" mode ;)

it said I had to reauthorize so went to link and said unavailable. Link started working as soon as episode was over. This was a scam to reduce streamers so watched on Dish
I thought I read that it was HBO's servers that 'crashed' or couldn't keep up. You think it was Dish that did this, to force customers to watch via satellite vs streaming ? I'd guess that if you log in with your Dish credentials to watch the streaming version, Dish gets some "credit" with HBO.

Reactions: klang
I thought I read that it was HBO's servers that 'crashed' or couldn't keep up. You think it was Dish that did this, to force customers to watch via satellite vs streaming ? I'd guess that if you log in with your Dish credentials to watch the streaming version, Dish gets some "credit" with HBO.
The "credit" that they get is the payment for HBO. Nothing else matters to DISH.

That threw me off for a second - I thought it was a 'recap' of a previously shown dinner but then realized GoT doesn't do that. As soon as Frey started complimenting everyone (not his style!), I realized it was Arya in "faceless man" mode ;)
I know. It was wait... I saw her kill him at the end of last season, and it was shown in the opening recap.

S~

It was HBO servers that were down when I tried to verify account. I wasn't blaming DISH! I figured HBO did it to relieve load from streamers. I tried throughout show and as soon as show ended I got through.
What they did if you weren't logged in probably well ahead of premier start time they disabled HBOGO accounts and made it impossible to get back on.

It says another 6 million viewers on same-day DVR playback and streaming via HBO Go and HBO Now. So if you add both somewhere around 16 million which actually seems low but I guess most Americans don't watch, including none of my neighbors I've asked.

I don't believe that HBO subscribers are extremely common.

Edit: Heh, I see a report that there are 49 million subscribers. I would NEVER have guessed it was that high. In fact, I don't believe that number can be right - ~1 out of 6 people in the US ? Plus, it really looks like they're counting every head in a home to get that number. To me, "subscriber" does not equal "viewer".

One of my neighbors a couple no kids have all the movie channels and told me they have never watched an episode of GOT's. I was amazed, 2 of my 3 adult kids watch the other female is into nothing but outdoors stuff in Alaska and would never watch TV period. One of those Alaskan free spirits you might say.

My coworker is an HBO subscriber, but would never in a million years watch "Game of Thrones". Unfortunately, I have no one at work to discuss the show with. Thank goodness for SatelliteGuys!

My wife did snicker at the Ed Sheeran cameo during the reprise showing. Evidently the Interwebs were not not too kind to Mr. Sheeran.

I wonder if anyone is keeping a body count. Right now, I'd have to say Cersei might have the lead after the Crypt of Baylor, but Tyrion (Bronn?) with using Wildfire in the defense of Blackwater Bay may be higher. Arya certainly is trying to catch up.

And of course, then I go to the Red Woman. How many have died by her word? Stannis' whole army, at Blackwater and Winterfell, as well as the whole of House Baratheon (barring Gendry, and any other bastards Robert may have sired...;))

My coworker is an HBO subscriber, but would never in a million years watch "Game of Thrones". Unfortunately, I have no one at work to discuss the show with. Thank goodness for SatelliteGuys!

My wife did snicker at the Ed Sheeran cameo during the reprise showing. Evidently the Interwebs were not not too kind to Mr. Sheeran.

I wonder if anyone is keeping a body count. Right now, I'd have to say Cersei might have the lead after the Crypt of Baylor, but Tyrion (Bronn?) with using Wildfire in the defense of Blackwater Bay may be higher. Arya certainly is trying to catch up.
What about Euron after the end of episode 2?

Reactions: Foxbat
The Euron battle scene seems to be getting good reviews online. I was very underwhelmed. It was very dark and I thought it was quite difficult to tell what was going on. I actually thought that a lot of this episode was filmed/produced too dark. That said, still a good episode. Loved the interaction with Arya and Nymeria and Arya and Hot Pie. I still think Jon and Sansa need to take a course in communicating and they would be a lot better off. I thought for sure that Littlefinger was going to drop the bomb of who Jon's parents really are in the crypt, but instead he got choke slammed by the third Stark in his life.

The Euron battle scene seems to be getting good reviews online. I was very underwhelmed. It was very dark and I thought it was quite difficult to tell what was going on. I actually thought that a lot of this episode was filmed/produced too dark. That said, still a good episode. Loved the interaction with Arya and Nymeria and Arya and Hot Pie. I still think Jon and Sansa need to take a course in communicating and they would be a lot better off. I thought for sure that Littlefinger was going to drop the bomb of who Jon's parents really are in the crypt, but instead he got choke slammed by the third Stark in his life.
I didn't get that impression. I hope Arya gets more time. She was always my favorite Stark kid.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)