HBO - Game of Thrones (No Spoilers)

Indeed. It is interesting reading all of the online comments from people that had no idea. I am curious why they killed the wife though, she was not present in the books. Of course there have been slight differences in some things, big differences in others.

It's like they killed Eddard Stark all over again.

Indeed. It is interesting reading all of the online comments from people that had no idea. I am curious why they killed the wife though, she was not present in the books. Of course there have been slight differences in some things, big differences in others.

She was in the books, but was a very different character and even had a different name. Robb met and married while out campaigning against the Lannisters. She stayed in Riverrun though and wasn't pregnant. Later on in the books she's sent back to her home region and promised a new husband. In the books she was more of a plot device than an actual character.

I think they killed her on the show because they had to remove her from the ongoing plot one way or the other. Since she was a more developed character killing her, and the unborn heir, added much more to the shock and impact to the scene. And I will admit that even having read the books seeing the way they got rid of her was still a "Holy S**t!!!!" moment.

Yeah, I just meant she wasnt at the wedding, not that she wasnt a character in the books.

Good point on why they may have killed her though.

wow, absolutely shocked. Have not read the books yet and have avoided all the spoilers from the books the best I can. I am just stunned.
Don't want to spoil anything for you, but stay tuned. "Storm of Swords" (source book for this season) has plenty more in store. I hope you can enjoy the ride and avoid spoilers.

Remember, most people that are watching have NOT read the books.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm taking a wild guess for next week's finale,but let me get my shock face in in advance,"I CAN'T believe they killed Joffrey!!!!!!!:eek:"

Last edited by a moderator:
Some in this thread may not have read the books.....

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Oh come on,that's like watching the movie "Titanic" & then being upset because the ship sinks.

That's a pretty poor analogy lol.Titanic is a true story that everyone knows.GOT is a work of fiction from George Martin's mind.Most fans of the show have never read the books,and were completely blindsided.

I'm not watching the current series but will catch up at some point. I saw that some people who read the books decided to record the reactions of non-readers to last night's episode and upload them to YouTube. Maybe I should record my reaction to these people's reactions to the Red Wedding... Isn't that how YouTube works nowadays?

Next Episode: Season 3 Finale

Sunday, June 9, 2013

"Mhysa": Joffrey challenges Tywin; Bran tells a ghost story; Daenerys waits to see if she is a conqueror or a liberator.

S~

If fans were so upset about the Red Wedding scene,wait until they show Robb Stark's dead decapitated body with his dire wolf's head sown to it replacing his head.

I'm taking a wild guess for next week's finale,but let me get my shock face in in advance,"I CAN'T believe they killed Joffrey!!!!!!!:eek:"

The difference is, I, and I am sure most of the viewers, have wanted to see Joffrey die a slow, agonizing death since he had Ned executed. At that point it would be cheers, not disappointment, anger and resentment for having us care and root for about a group of people that would end up .... the way they ended up!

Alright guys... how about a spoiler tag for those who havent read the books... Just my 2cents.

That's a pretty poor analogy lol.Titanic is a true story that everyone knows.GOT is a work of fiction from George Martin's mind.Most fans of the show have never read the books,and were completely blindsided.

Agreed. Also I seem to recall a discussion where service providers got flooded w/ calls about wanting to cancel HBO upset about ED Stark's demise.

Ned's death was one of those scenes where I felt the TV show was more dramatic than the book.

Reading the books and watching the show I'm reminded of Dark Helmet's line in Spaceballs: "That is why evil will always triumph over good - because good is dumb!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts