This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HBO is BACK on DISH

Dish is listed as a provider on HBO Max now, but I got an error.
"{"message":"Unsupported authenticatorCode dish","type":"Error","status":400,"code":0}"

EDIT: It let me through to the Dish sign in screen. After sign in I got this error:

Can’t Verify Your Subscription
Access to HBO Max is not currently available with your provider. Until then, you can keep streaming on HBO NOW.

Last edited:
It's available now. I just signed up for HBO and Cinemax through the mydish account.
Yeah just read elsewhere 10 day Free preview of HBO and Cinemax will be Aug 6 - 15.

I already get HBO through Prime, will cancel that and go back with Dish for convenience and of course save $3. per month.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Tried logging into the Ap on Roku. Can't verify identity. I tried several times still can't login.
Maybe I'll try a little later.

Same error on the tablet. Can't verify id on Roku app either.

For those looking for the $12 a month for a year special go to https://my.dish.com/hbomax-offer and click on Order HBO.
I went to play.hbomax.com/login on a browser I have not logged into HBO Max with before, then clicked on Login. Then Clicked Login with my Provider, clicked Dish. It asked me to set up an account. I told it my name and used the same email address I was using before for HBO Max.

It asked me if I wanted to merge accounts and I said yes, it sent me an email to verify I wanted this change, put the code from the email on the website and it combined them and told me I would no longer be billed direct from HBO Max.

Very cool!

Here's something interesting I guess because Dish maybe doesn't have have the bandwidth for HBO Signature or Family on satellite, so they'll be streamed instead.

Is HBO that much better than Netflix?
I much prefer HBO Max over Netflix but it's all up to individual taste. The only Netflix Originals I care about now are The Crown, Stranger Things and to a lesser extent, Dead To Me. I just get Netflix for a month when a new season of those come out and then I'll check out any of their recent limited series that look good at the same time.

Reactions: syphix