HBO is BACK on DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And just to confirm - there is no Cinemax with HBO Max? They are two different products now?
I really question why Cinemax continues to exist, at least at its current price of $10-12/mo, depending on provider. They announced over a year ago that they were done with originals, so now all Cinemax has to offer are reruns and a movie library shared with HBO Max. (Well, they will put some movies only on one or the other for a few months but then they shift to the other.)

And now several Cinemax Originals are available to stream in their entirety on HBO Max, including Warrior, Banshee, The Knick, Jett, and C.B. Strike. Their only big series that hasn't yet jumped over to HBO Max is Strike Back, Cinemax's longest-running original. But my guess is that it will this year. Adding in those Cinemax series has helped HBO Max fill the gap created by the pandemic-induced production slowdown of their own new original series.

All that said, don't spend $10/mo on Cinemax. Get HBO Max for $15 (or just $12 for the first year if DISH offers you that deal). And if you already have HBO Max, most folks would find their next ~$10 better spent on a different premium like Showtime, Starz, Epix or Encore (or an ad-free streamer like Hulu, Disney+, Prime Video, Peacock, or Paramount+).

Reactions: charlesrshell
hbo2.png

From chat with DISH about HBO Max not having DISH listed as a TV Provider:
"We have been made aware of the issue and we are currently working to get it resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience."

Pretty big day 1 fail.

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
From chat with DISH about HBO Max not having DISH listed as a TV Provider:
"We have been made aware of the issue and we are currently working to get it resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience."

Pretty big day 1 fail.
Look back earlier in this thread. As I said as for all new DISH products day one is usually a cluster****, so I am not surprised there are issues no as well.

Issues I see that are unresolved:

No access to HBOMax
HBO and Cinemax put up a message that those channels are not available on DISH if you use the voice remote
Not Available on DISH Anywhere

They will get them fixed. :)

Meh, I can't get as many HBO or Cinemax channels with my Dish account. I think I'll just keep them in my Spectrum TV Choice streaming package.

Meh, I can't get as many HBO or Cinemax channels with my Dish account. I think I'll just keep them in my Spectrum TV Choice streaming package.
With Max, do you really need that many HBO channels?

And the thing that no one has complained about - there are no SD HBO or Cinemax channels - they are HD only. Makes you wonder if we can turn the page on phasing out SD channels, or at least most of the SD channels, as contracts get renewed going forward, and get the HD equivalents up.

Well, I thought I'd try those channels out for just a month on Dish, but I do have a two-year promotion and more HBO and Cinemax live channels with my Spectrum TV Choice streaming and I'll take this month to compare. But since I get more of their channels with Spectrum as well as a promotion, I am 99% sure I'll drop those after a month with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)