HBO is BACK on DISH

Dish is listed as a provider on HBO Max now, but I got an error.
"{"message":"Unsupported authenticatorCode dish","type":"Error","status":400,"code":0}"

EDIT: It let me through to the Dish sign in screen. After sign in I got this error:

Can’t Verify Your Subscription
Access to HBO Max is not currently available with your provider. Until then, you can keep streaming on HBO NOW.

Last edited:
It's available now. I just signed up for HBO and Cinemax through the mydish account.
Yeah just read elsewhere 10 day Free preview of HBO and Cinemax will be Aug 6 - 15.

I already get HBO through Prime, will cancel that and go back with Dish for convenience and of course save $3. per month.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Dish is listed as a provider on HBO Max now, but I got an error.
"{"message":"Unsupported authenticatorCode dish","type":"Error","status":400,"code":0}"

EDIT: It let me through to the Dish sign in screen. After sign in I got this error:

Can’t Verify Your Subscription
Access to HBO Max is not currently available with your provider. Until then, you can keep streaming on HBO NOW.
Same error on the tablet. Can't verify id on Roku app either.

For those looking for the $12 a month for a year special go to https://my.dish.com/hbomax-offer and click on Order HBO. :D
I went to play.hbomax.com/login on a browser I have not logged into HBO Max with before, then clicked on Login. Then Clicked Login with my Provider, clicked Dish. It asked me to set up an account. I told it my name and used the same email address I was using before for HBO Max.

It asked me if I wanted to merge accounts and I said yes, it sent me an email to verify I wanted this change, put the code from the email on the website and it combined them and told me I would no longer be billed direct from HBO Max.

Very cool!
DABB85F7-751F-495D-A25C-E6487DCB767B.jpeg

Here's something interesting I guess because Dish maybe doesn't have have the bandwidth for HBO Signature or Family on satellite, so they'll be streamed instead.

Screenshot 2021-07-29 at 13-13-33 HBO MAX on DISH MyDISH.png

Is HBO that much better than Netflix?
I much prefer HBO Max over Netflix but it's all up to individual taste. The only Netflix Originals I care about now are The Crown, Stranger Things and to a lesser extent, Dead To Me. I just get Netflix for a month when a new season of those come out and then I'll check out any of their recent limited series that look good at the same time.

Reactions: syphix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)