HBO or ShowTime???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Agreed. Most of the shows I really liked on Showtime were cancelled like " Dead Like Me. " I loved this show as it was a dark comedy and much more fun to watch than " 6 feet Under". I even liked "Queer as Folk" and it petered out- no pun intended. Everything I liked was cancelled including the shows like "Odyessy 5." Yeah, Hbo would be the one I would choose too. The funny thing is that Hbo has cancelled just about everything I liked on it too. I guess I will just have to watch the movies instead of the original series they used to have. ;)

Looks like ShowTime is on free preview this weekend.
I have canceled it the other day, but I see it's back today...

T2k said:
HBO. Its original programming are way ahead of anybody else's including Showtime.
Rome was REALLY beautiful in HD, Sopranos and Sex and The City was far better than any other similar-type series. I think Six Feet Under, Carnivores, Deadwood or Entourage were totally crap but others seemed to like these too, so don't take my words only. :D For example I think Curb Your Enthusiasm is definitely a piece of sh*t but that doesn't mean you won't like it moreover doesn't mean it isn't better than Weed or anything similar Showtime can offer.
Critical comedy shows and series are also much better on HBO: show me anything on Showtime which at least comes close to Real Time with Bill Maher or Da Ali G Show! Leguizamo's, Chris Rock's, Whoopi Goldberg's or Carlin's stand ups are also the quintessences of HBO's comedy lineup. Of course, there are horrible piece of crap shows like P. Diddy Presents The Bad Boys of Comedy but fortunately only a few makes it to the screen.
HBO's thought-provoking minis are also exceptional: remember Angels in America?
Or other controversial matters: their docus like Born Into Brothels or And Along Came A Spider or Balseros or Blind Spot: Hitler's Secretary - heck, AFAIK HBO was the only channel to air the shocking Chernobyl Heart...

HBO. Hands down.
I hate HBO for its really retarded Hollywood-based movie lineup - most of the movies are pathetically sh!tty - but its own programming saves the entire channel in my eyes. Shortly: nothing comes close as of today.

Wow I am officially pissed now since I wanted to see "Soul Food". Does Showime even rerun it on Showcasw or Showtime Beyond?
Between the two I'd recommend HBO if the major shows were on kinda. Personally I'm pisssed some of the shows from both are off now and aren't being rerun. I have to confess I have both now and "Sleeper Cell" may turn out to be good. I also watch "Masters Of Horror".

Showtime reruns their series from time to time, but usually they syndicate them when they can. Dead Like Me had language issues that could keep it off regular TV. But Oddessey 5, Outer Limits and Stargate went into syndicated reruns on broadcast TV stations nation wide.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
Showtime reruns their series from time to time, but usually they syndicate them when they can. Dead Like Me had language issues that could keep it off regular TV. But Oddessey 5, Outer Limits and Stargate went into syndicated reruns on broadcast TV stations nation wide.

See ya
Tony

What about "Poltergeist: The Legacy", "Soul Food" and "Queer As Folk"? The first one was syndicated AND shows on Showtime Beyond as well.
Also I wish Showtime would give Sci Fi and Horror sh*t like "The Outer Limits" a go since they pulled it off and that's amazing considering a pay service had the balls to do that but screw it, just cancel it and run the same POS Drama's. /rant
[OT below, soz]
Sorry but there's not enough new TZesque sh*t being made for my taste and if it's good it'll probably be cancelled because a LOT of people have bad taste, "American Gothic" cancelled and "VR5" ran on an episode by episode basis. GOD what happened to taste or originality? So much filler, so little GOOD original programming and on top of that I get dubs shoved on me on certain channels.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)