HBO-problem--gods and generals

rang1995

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 30, 2003
Bergen co NJ
Sorry to say while watching gods and generals (i know how can i do that) about 1 hour into it 6:45 EST started loosing sound every 15 -20 seconds then a few seconds later sound but a split second BLACK screen (no dvi just a RPT using comp)..hate to say became unwatchable and had to switch to hbo on D* on my smaller set..hope someone at the uplink see's and hears this

By the way this is the first time i have gotten upset..When you settle in to try to watch a 4:30 hour tedious movie in a commfy chair and have to forsake it because of technical problems..well..still love VOOM ,but just went down a notch..anyone else (if there is anyone watching this) notice??it's now 7:17 est and i switched sets so i do not know if it's still happening but 15 mins was all i could take

Just watched a little to see what you're saying. Audio drops out 3 times per minute. Terible. No picture problem, though.

Thanks Cyuhnke..at least i know it isnt just me someone should get on it.How am i going to sit thru that again..i had sound drop outs followed a few seconds later by a BLACK screen (but sound was there) then ok then the cycle again..just trying to post this for VOOMS sake so they can monitor the problem and coorect it

Ok just a thought here, while watching this on HBO on D* sd.i notice it looks pretty crappy(that compressed digital artifact look) worse then normal for HBO.MAYBE it's the source material..i don't know if it's different for HD on VOOM but if, and i say IF this comes from a dvd source and (a 4:40 hr movie had to be compressssssssed to make it on 2 discs)maybe that's why the problems showing up in different ways..need an engineer to help here

Rang,

I just checked E* and V* in both it seems like the movie transfer itself was a crappy transfer. However, on V* I am experiencing sound drop (constantly), picture break ups, etc.

I just checked, Audio & video drop outs also on VOOM HBO HD (SD is good)
HBO HD on E* is good its a VOOM problem.

For a movie that is as recent as this one. This is a bad job on HBO for doing such a bad job. It is grainy all over the place. It looks more like an upconvert.

Thanks all for the response...and this is a positive, for since Voom monitors this it helps them find and figure out problems...also makes one feel better that it's not just their problem..it's too bad because even though long tedious and a little booring ,but interesting.would like nice in HD and DD5.1

Also happening on Starz HD East, but is better now

It was just as bad as the HBO feed for a while, constant sound drops and then picture drop

Thanks for the insight. The Voom Monitoring folks didnt see anything on HBOHD or Starz!. I asked them to keep an extra eye on it and page me if there is any noticable problems.

My HBO E seemed fine but I tried to watch a movie on HBO W from 4-5:30 pacific time (just before Gods and Generals) and experienced the same blackouts, audio dropouts et al and could not watch. I finished the movbie on HBO sd.

This seemed to happen about a month ago on West feeds. Let's hope we're not going backwards as the picture quality has been great of late.

BTW, my signal quality and power for HBO W at the time was 96, 95 with s/n of 15.50.

Shelly

I did call Voom and reported it to a tech. He turned to 201 and then to 202 and said he was seeing the same problems. He said he would notify someone to fix it. I tried to watch the movie too and gave up on it. My signal strength was 94.

Bob

Same problem

I saw the same thing last night. I was planning on watching it but couldn't. It was also on the HBO West feed. Quite annoying... I hope they've fixed it?

The Rickster

Strange the uplink facility didnt see this..could that mean maybe something is different there vs Home..that could be the problem

Many micro-stuuters on HBO East-Sopranos tonight-had to switch to D* feed

-ho hum

-so many channels yet so many problems Voom-lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)