HBO to GO, or NO? Directv?? PS3/Roku

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bluemonick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Georgia, USA
Ok, so it was announced at the beginning of October that HBO to Go ( HBO GO. It's HBO. Anywhere. ) is coming to Roku, PS3, etc. for HBO ca/sat providers.

A few days ago, the list of supported TV providers was finally released. What is absurd is Dish Network and several other providers allow access to the HBO to GO app as part of your HBO subscriptions for Roku Owners.

Does my television provider offer HBO GO on Internet Connected TV
devices?

HBO GO is only available through participating television
providers. On Roku devices, the following television providers offer HBO GO free
as part of your HBO subscription: AT&T U-Verse TV, Charter, Cox, DISH
Network, Massillon Cable/CPI, RCN, Suddenlink, Verizon FiOS and WOW!.

Officially, the list of supported TV providers for HBO to Go hasnt been annouced for Playstation 3 yet. But, many experts believe the PS3 list to be the same as Roku pay TV supporters.

I bought a Playstation 3 recently mainly for the NFL Sunday Ticket and/or HBO to Go, but that doesnt seem like it's gonna happen because of Technical and/or Corporate glitches/decisions!!

Can anyone confirm/deny if PS3 will get HBO to Go access from Directv or not? The NFLST and Andriod Directv app's still don't work.

I have no problems with either my android apps for directv or my Sunday ticket to go.

Thanks for the two replies.

I referring to HBO to Go streaming specifically on Playstation 3 and/or Roku.

I bought a PS3 in hopes of getting HBO to Go on PS3 with a Directv HBO subscription (coming soon), but that doesnt seem likely to happen, UNLIKE Dish Network, who will allow it.

Just tried to activate GO on my Roku. Seems D* doesn't provide HBO GO for Roku. Unbelievable. It would be different if HBO On Demand had decent content, but they have nothing compared to HBO GO. Hope they realize how they're pissing off their customer base...again.

Here's the response I got:

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
RE: HBO Go for Connected TV Devices (Roku and/or PS3) Subscriber Disappointed

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response Via Email(DIRECTV) - 11/04/2011 06:35 AM
Dear Mr. XXXXXX,
We are writing in response to the recent correspondence we received. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns.
Although we don't currently allow HBO streaming on Roku or Playstation 3's, we forwarded your request to DIRECTV Management for review. Be assured your feedback is important to us and we often make changes based on our viewer's comments.
Please note, we currently offer the HBO Go service on smartphones, tablets, and PCs and we will continue to evaluate ways to enhance the services we offer.
For the latest announcements about DIRECTV services, please visit our website at directv.com/pr.
Sincerely,
Amber
DIRECTV Customer Advocate Team

I had the same problem registering HBO to Go channel to my Roku with DirecTV as a provider, how could DirecTV overlook giving access to all devices in their contract with HBO or do they need a separate contract with each device?

This is a real bonehead move by D*

Let's see I have friends on both E* and Uverse who subscribe to HBO but don't use HBO Go and D* wants to restrict me.

Seems like I could easily restrict them from the $15.99 I give them each month.

Not sure if it is officially released on PS3 yet. According to D*, they wont support it even when it's released for PS3.

Regarding Roku, HBO has been released on E* and other providers.

I emailed the Office of the President about this and they actually called me back. The impression I got was that they have no intention of adding access to HBOgo on the roku, but they did give me 2 hd dvrs free to make up for it. As I was planning on upgrading from my r15s, this is nice, although not quite what I'd like.

Another weird thing with Go is that on my iPhone I can watch all I want but if I try to mirror to AppleTV via AirPlay they won't allow it. Guess they only want it on my tv via their STB

Even without the dedicated app, you WOULD be able to use HBO to Go on PS3 simply through the web browser if Sony could get off their ass and update the browser and Flash Player. I don't think they've updated it in over 2 years.

Even without the dedicated app, you WOULD be able to use HBO to Go on PS3 simply through the web browser if Sony could get off their ass and update the browser and Flash Player. I don't think they've updated it in over 2 years.

Thats because it will be updated in the PS4 and they want you to buy it :D Like I wouldn't buy it anyways lol.

I emailed the Office of the President about this and they actually called me back. The impression I got was that they have no intention of adding access to HBOgo on the roku, but they did give me 2 hd dvrs free to make up for it. As I was planning on upgrading from my r15s, this is nice, although not quite what I'd like.

Did they act like they have heard Roku complaints before?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts