HBO's Westworld

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I suspected Benard was a robot from the start. He was too quite and reserved and he never seems to change his clothes. I figured that Anthony Hopkins was using him to help manage his other robots in the park. After all he has story lines to write for the other robots.

To me that was such a hoot as I had no idea Barnard was a host. lakebum431; what for you gave his identity away?
It's a fair question. I don't think there was any one thing. His interactions with Dr. Ford just seemed "off". Maybe it was also because I expected a big "twist" and that felt like the most obvious one.

Well, this week's season finale ended in a bang (or two)! What a great show.

BTW I guessed Bernard was a host about half way through the episode, but wasn't sure until the "what door" comment. I really like this show. It took me a while to get used to the timeline jumping around.

So, for season two the limiters are removed from the hosts? :eeek

Gonna have to watch the first season again sometime before season two starts.

I'm not so sure about that. The question might be who is really in control.
Remember that Maeve Millay may not be as unrestricted as she thinks. The "improvisation" and what she thought was here independent thought was scripted but the host refused to believe she was being controlled by any programming

It's funny, I watched "Futureworld" on Amazon Prime, and it probably gives clues toward what we might see in the second season of "Westworld". We've already seen the replacement of human techs with hosts, so why not VIPs?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Love all the West World and Future World movies and the series is cool as well. I think Anthony Hopkin's character is not really dead. He built a host to be used in the finale to be taken out like the vips.

Love all the West World and Future World movies and the series is cool as well. I think Anthony Hopkin's character is not really dead. He built a host to be used in the finale to be taken out like the vips.

I have to go back and re-watch the whole series, which is still on my Dish DVR. We see a body being knitted in Ford's basement but really didn't pay attention to which timeline that was in. It could have been Arnold's/Benard's body or Ford's replacement if seen in the current timeline. I haven't payed too much attention to the on-line chatter and theories, but I think it was Arnold's replacement body Ford was creating to " have that perfect partner. "

Season 2 kicks off Sunday night on HBO, plus it's a free preview weekend. I haven't gone back to binge Season 1 yet, "Lost in Space" and "The Santa Clarita Diet" took up my last few weekends...

"Westworld" has definitely exceeded the bounds of its programming from season one. And an incredible performance by Thandie Newton (Maeve) in learning Japanese and delivering it flawlessly.
:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

Reactions: hwboy4 and Ilya
Loved it last night. So is AI able to naturally awake and be born again?

"When elected officials speak as though they are above the truth, they will act as though they are above the law" Michael Bloomberg

OMG! I just watched the Shogun World episode of season 2, followed by the making of featurette. If I wasn't getting a free month, I'd definitely be getting my $15's worth of HBO Now with this.

Reactions: wormil
Season 3 trailer released before the GoT finale. Looks like some interesting changes ahead although not until 2020. I'm wondering is that the 'real world' or some made up Futureworld?

Reactions: Zookster
Oh by the way . . . season 3 has started. This is the first season that I've signed up to watch week-to-week instead of doing just one month after the entire season airs. So far, so good.

I had to go back and re-watch the Season 3 opening episode. If anything, the lines blur even more before what is "Real" and what's a host scenario. I'm in for the duration.