HD absolute access charge?

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Just logged into my account and it appears they are going to be hitting us with a $6 a month access charge. Anybody else?

No change on my account.

Maybe it's a mistake. I don't know. My actual statement from Oct to Nov isn't showing it. But, the "monthly charges" from the "my billing" page is.
Here's the C&P

4 Premiums$42.00 dishHD Absolute$29.99 HD Solo Receiver$7.00 Access Fee$6.00 ................. Total$84.99 (excludes taxes / credits)

This is my real bill:
bill2.jpg

And this is the screwed up one:
bill1.jpg

This is what I see when looking at my account under "programming", it shows the Absolute package as grandfathered (yeah, and gramma is a little pi$$ed because it wasn't grandmothered),
it also shows as "proposed" when I look under "changing programming". My bill comes out on the 6th of each month so I'll see what shows up on the next online bill. I guess they don't wanna change the amount for the Absolute package (or they can't because it's grandmothered?), so this is how they get a rate increase. Oh well, I should have known the "free" locals would have to be made up somewhere, and if I can keep the package it's still a heckuva deal for what we watch, no way I could get this kinda deal anywhere else.

DISHHD ABSOLUTE W/LOCALS
$29.99

DVR Service
$6.00

Access Fee
$6.00

Total
$41.99 (excludes taxes / credits)

Mine goes up 3.18. Strange number it came up with maybe due to the taxes. Now I know why they screwed up on my drop of Max for a penny 2 months in a row and they had to do some creative accounting to fix things. So I'm still showing next month at less than 70. I have 3 premiums.

I think the OP may be on to something. E* may be experimenting with options to deal with the unprofitable DishHD Absolute. My caller ID shows several calls from Dish Network, this past week alone.

Here is a snapshot that I cut from my online acct. What's with the "proposed changes" crap? $5 more for locals ain't enough to get me to jump. :)
bill3.jpg

Last edited:
I think the OP may be on to something. E* may be experimenting with options to deal with the unprofitable DishHD Absolute. My caller ID shows several calls from Dish Network, this past week alone.

Here is a snapshot that I cut from my online acct. What's with the "proposed changes" crap? $5 more for locals ain't enough to get me to jump. :)
View attachment 56326

Don't think they have called me yet. But I do have 3 premiums as well as absolute.

Mine is showing I will be billed the $6 access fee as well.
At least we get the HD Platinum channels that that are charging an extra $10 for on top of the standard plans.

Mine shows the $6 access fee, also.

I guess I can't complain (well I can, but...) My bill actually went down $5 a couple of months ago, when they dropped the $5 charge for locals and all the time I've had HD Absolute, the price has not changed, what is it now 2 or 3 years.

I guess I'll not throw a BOB about a new $6 fee.

I guess I can't complain (well I can, but...) My bill actually went down $5 a couple of months ago, when they dropped the $5 charge for locals and all the time I've had HD Absolute, the price has not changed, what is it now 2 or 3 years.

Don't even say that in jest. :D

E has the legal right to change anything at any time, anything must include legal notice:(

After all it is part of EVERYTHING:(

E is still very dedicated to increasing profit, before you know it they could add a 10 buck a month charge if you were EVER a sub.

That would enable them to make gobs of money from everyone who ever cancelled..................

E has the legal right to change anything at any time, anything must include legal notice:(

After all it is part of EVERYTHING:(

E is still very dedicated to increasing profit, before you know it they could add a 10 buck a month charge if you were EVER a sub.

That would enable them to make gobs of money from everyone who ever cancelled..................

again, an Absolute thread, being invaded by folks who don't have Absolute, contributing nothing but noise..

EDIT:

my "Monthly Charges" is also showing this new charge.

Now you did it. You mention Bob and he shows up in the thread. Bob TROLL get out of here you don't have E* and when did you didn't have absolute anyway.

Bob likes to keep us on our toes.

As for the fee? it's on my next months bill also.

This months bill was 37.04, next months bill will be 40.14.
So I can live with a 3 buck increase. Just as long as they leave my HDA alone.

I contacted Dish about the fee and was told
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We apologize for the confusion. There will be no $6 access fee on the account as the DishHD Absolute is considered as a basic package.